Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

advice please

Posted by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 7:06 PM
  • 2 Replies
Sorry this is long.....I'm not sure where else to go for advice.

So my SO and I were together for almost 5 yrs and engaged. We split because his step father died, he didn't know how to handle it, and I didn't support him like I should have. We dated on and off for 2 yrs, got back together, and had a baby who is now almost 5 months old. We moved in together and things were great at first but then went down hill. Neither of us was communicating what we needed and it feel apart. I moved out and we didn't talk for almost 2wks. We decided to work on things and we are doing ok. We talk every day and spend his days off together as a family. I want so bad for it to work out because I honestly love this man with all my heart. It just seems like he isn't all there. He will kiss me and hold on tight one day and then lightly hug me the next. I just do not understand. When I try to talk to him about it he says nothing is wrong and he wants to make it work. He has a party to go to for a friend's bday tomorrow night. He has told me about it for weeks but has never asked me to go. It's a surprise party and lots of girls will be there. I feel kinda left out that he doesn't want me to go. I dunno....what would u do? Or think?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 7:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
pittymama
by Silver Member on Dec. 20, 2012 at 7:25 PM

he sounds emotionally unstable. or unavailable. the off/on affection could probably stem from not handling his stepfather's death well and your guys' relationship being off/on. he probably does want to make it work but at his own pace. all you can do is take it one day at a times.

Titana
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 8:03 PM
I know u r right. I guess it's just hard because I am the kind of person that when I know what I want I don't want to wait. Lol bad I know. I am trying to just let him set the pace and go along with it very relaxed and calm.

Quoting pittymama:

he sounds emotionally unstable. or unavailable. the off/on affection could probably stem from not handling his stepfather's death well and your guys' relationship being off/on. he probably does want to make it work but at his own pace. all you can do is take it one day at a times.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)