Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

What do you think of tattoos?

Posted by on Dec. 26, 2012 at 3:25 AM
  • 89 Replies

Personally, I think tattoos are alright as long as they hold a deeper meaning.

I have a small barcode on my ankle with the day my nephew was born and the day he died under it.

Then I have a quote on my lower back, which says "Everybody dies, but not everybody lives." in pretty cursive letters.

A lot of people judge me because I have tattoos but honesly I don't see a problem with them because nobody can see my tattoos. They aren't somewhere noticable and my tattoos hold a very deep meaning that I hold dear to my heart.

My son says that my tattoos are cool.

What do you think of tattoos? Do you think they're trashy? Do you think they're awesome? 

Please comment below :)

by on Dec. 26, 2012 at 3:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mkwestphal12708
by on Dec. 26, 2012 at 3:32 AM

i have 4 of them so i like them i am planning on getting a couple more!!  all of mine have meaning to them.  when my oldest DD was about 1 she thought she could rub off my tattoo on my lower back lol she tried everytime she saw it lol now she likes them. She loves that me and her Dad have her name done.

Lindalou907
by Bronze Member on Dec. 26, 2012 at 4:02 AM

I don't like them, but, to each his own.

beeky
by Alexandra on Dec. 26, 2012 at 7:50 AM
1 mom liked this

I have 3 and I really don't care what anyone else thinks.

mcginnisc
by Bronze Member on Dec. 26, 2012 at 7:54 AM

I have one so obviously I like them.. :-) 

The one I have is in memory of my oldest daughter Kahlan. She was stillborn at 36 weeks so I got it on her "birth date". It is a line of hearts with her name and date on it. 

I have plans for one more, I just have to decide where I am putting it. 

Claire

Moderator: Healthy Weight Loss & Adoptive Moms

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13

Join theAdoptive Moms group

RheaF
by Silver Member on Dec. 26, 2012 at 7:57 AM
I think it depends on what and where it is. Graphic tattoos are trashy IMHO. Like the ones of naked men/women, or the bloody ones. I am not a fan of the "sleeves" either.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
AtiFreeFalls
by Bronze Member on Dec. 26, 2012 at 8:11 AM
I don't even care if they have meaning as long as they are done by a skilled artist. A good tattoo is awesome!

I have wanted one for a long time but I can never be certain what I want on my skin for the rest of my life. Plus, I'm totally scared lol. I have a friend who got hep C from a tattoo, and not in some dingy, gross basement either, it was at a reputable, well respected parlor. It can happen to anyone who gets inked because hep C lives for a really long time on surfaces and in the equipment.
storkneedsgps
by on Dec. 26, 2012 at 8:14 AM
I usually think needles! Nooo! Scary! Ow! No! Pain! I don't want a tattoo but I don't care what others do. I don't like ones that can't easily be covered for a job or cheap looking ones but again, not my problem
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MagicTemptation
by Christina on Dec. 26, 2012 at 9:35 AM

I have a few. My Christmas and birthday gift is an entire back piece. My bday is next month, I will be getting it done as soon as I am done drawing it.  This piece is a Tree of Life. Each branch represents one of my children, and the roots represent important people in my life. The base/trunk of the tree represents my SO and I. I am also having the work SHARE tattooed on me at the same time. (it holds a deep personal meaning)

MrsLuciano02
by Busty Mama on Dec. 26, 2012 at 9:39 AM
I have two both on my sholders one is a dolphin and the other is a shark (my version of good and evil) I want more but dont have the money for them
ittyprincess604
by on Dec. 26, 2012 at 11:39 AM
I have seven. None are visible unless in a bathing suit. 2 on my back, one on ribs, one on hip, one on foot, chest but not in the center ( over towards the front of shoulder, which is nonvisible in most shirts) and one on my leg
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)