Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

What do you think of tattoos?

Personally, I think tattoos are alright as long as they hold a deeper meaning.

I have a small barcode on my ankle with the day my nephew was born and the day he died under it.

Then I have a quote on my lower back, which says "Everybody dies, but not everybody lives." in pretty cursive letters.

A lot of people judge me because I have tattoos but honesly I don't see a problem with them because nobody can see my tattoos. They aren't somewhere noticable and my tattoos hold a very deep meaning that I hold dear to my heart.

My son says that my tattoos are cool.

What do you think of tattoos? Do you think they're trashy? Do you think they're awesome? 

Please comment below :)

by on Dec. 26, 2012 at 3:25 AM
Replies (61-70):
earthangel1967
by YVONNE on Dec. 27, 2012 at 10:21 AM

I'm not a tattoo kind of girl myself, they just arent for me.

I think SOME of them on other people especially the sentimental or deeply meaningful or symbolic ones are really touching. My husband has 2 one about me and one about our 5 kids and they bring tears to my eyes.

View Full Size Image YVONNE

countrymomma81
by Bronze Member on Dec. 27, 2012 at 10:23 AM

Quoting Lindalou907:

I don't like them, but, to each his own.

Same here. My husband had one when we met and thankfully it's on his upper arm and for the most part can be covered up. My mom had some trashy looking Indian ink done when she was younger and I was always so embarrassed of them. 

Redwall
by on Dec. 27, 2012 at 7:17 PM

I hate them....I think they're trashy.  And even worse, when one gets old and they're all saggy...yuck.

MomRocs1102
by on Dec. 27, 2012 at 9:25 PM
1 mom liked this

love tattoos, dh could be covered and i wouldn't mind.  Tattoos are expression.  I don't care for face tattoos or neck tattoos that can be seen but other than that love them

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Dec. 28, 2012 at 1:59 AM

My husband has 3 and the all have a meaning behind them.

I have none and doubt I ever will. There is just nothing I want on my body forever.

ttfnt20
by Member on Dec. 28, 2012 at 8:53 AM
It took me until 2010 to get the nerve to get my first and I'm 29 lol. I think they're better when there's meaning behind them. Took me years to figure out what I wanted to even get. I've seen lots I liked but the only ones that really don't appeal to me are naked ones lol.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
marinesweetie
by Member on Dec. 28, 2012 at 8:55 AM
I have 3 tattoos. They all hold meaning to me and if need be can be covered up easily.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Fmama2
by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 8:55 AM
I like them on men and women if they are not all over their body but have meaning and are nice looking.
I want one with my kids names but Dh won't let me :(
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Kes1s
by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 10:05 AM
1 mom liked this

Lol.  I have fifteen.  I like tattoos.

My man does too fortunately. :D

I don't justify my tattoos.  I also don't put a sliding scale on a good or bad tattoo based upon "meaning" One man meaningful is another mans stupid.  Tattoo a clock on your forehead and it will be right twice a day without ever ticking once.  Meaningful... and stupid.  One mans well drawn is another mans wow what were you thinking.  Every ugly tattoo started as someones "great idea."

Of course people judge.  I judge ugly shoes and people who don't discipline their kids in public far more harshly though.  I've never been socially ostracized because of my tattoos. 

erienne06
by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 10:06 AM
I have one :). I like them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN