Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

He gave me a ring and says "this is what you have wanted isnt it?"

The bf gave me an absolutely beautiful diamond ring yesterday.  It was totally unexpected.  When I opened it he said "thats what you have been wanting isnt it?"  So what do I take this ring as....I wanted to be engaged. 

by on Dec. 26, 2012 at 9:25 AM
Replies (51-60):
unsuspected
by Gold Member on Dec. 26, 2012 at 4:56 PM

Rosepetal, what's your intention with this post?  Do you want congratulations?  I don't get it.  

Fairegirl33
by Bronze Member on Dec. 26, 2012 at 4:58 PM

i don't get it either.... she is left wondering his intentions yet she doesn't ask him ?  good way to enter a marriage right...

Quoting unsuspected:

Rosepetal, what's your intention with this post?  Do you want congratulations?  I don't get it.  

unsuspected
by Gold Member on Dec. 26, 2012 at 5:01 PM

Yup, that was my first thought.  Why would you want to marry someone you can't talk to?  

Quoting Fairegirl33:

i don't get it either.... she is left wondering his intentions yet she doesn't ask him ?  good way to enter a marriage right...

Quoting unsuspected:

“He’s not perfect. You aren’t either, and the two of you will never be perfect. But if he can make you laugh at least once, causes you to think twice, and if he admits to being human and making mistakes, hold onto him and give him the most you can. He isn’t going to quote poetry, he’s not thinking about you every moment, but he will give you a part of him that he knows you could break. Don’t hurt him, don’t change him, and don’t expect for more than he can give. Don’t analyze. Smile when he makes you happy, yell when he makes you mad, and miss him when he’s not there. Love hard when there is love to be had. Because perfect guys don’t exist, but there’s always one guy that is perfect for you.” ~Bob Marley
danandsamsmom
by Member on Dec. 26, 2012 at 5:02 PM
4 moms liked this

Aren't promise rings something that high school kids do?

Fairegirl33
by Bronze Member on Dec. 26, 2012 at 5:04 PM

and she makes it seem like Oh no biggie neither of us are romantics... well go ask him then !!

i thought an engagement ring was a promise ring for adults ???  lolol 

Quoting unsuspected:

Yup, that was my first thought.  Why would you want to marry someone you can't talk to?  

Quoting Fairegirl33:

Quoting unsuspected:

unsuspected
by Gold Member on Dec. 26, 2012 at 5:09 PM

My husband and I will be celebrating our ten year anniversary this week.  He gave me a promise ring when we were kids, like a year before we got married.  We were married young.  I think as an adult I would have to clue what to make of it if my guy gave me a 'prmise ring', lol!   

Quoting danandsamsmom:

“He’s not perfect. You aren’t either, and the two of you will never be perfect. But if he can make you laugh at least once, causes you to think twice, and if he admits to being human and making mistakes, hold onto him and give him the most you can. He isn’t going to quote poetry, he’s not thinking about you every moment, but he will give you a part of him that he knows you could break. Don’t hurt him, don’t change him, and don’t expect for more than he can give. Don’t analyze. Smile when he makes you happy, yell when he makes you mad, and miss him when he’s not there. Love hard when there is love to be had. Because perfect guys don’t exist, but there’s always one guy that is perfect for you.” ~Bob Marley
danandsamsmom
by Member on Dec. 26, 2012 at 5:13 PM
1 mom liked this

Happy Anniversary!  Yeah, I understand it for very young people.  I was 27 when I got engaged...if my DH would have said it was a promise ring, I would have thought that he was kidding!

Quoting unsuspected:

My husband and I will be celebrating our ten year anniversary this week.  He gave me a promise ring when we were kids, like a year before we got married.  We were married young.  I think as an adult I would have to clue what to make of it if my guy gave me a 'prmise ring', lol!   

Quoting danandsamsmom:

boshs1andonly
by on Dec. 26, 2012 at 5:58 PM
1 mom liked this

that's whar i thought too. if you're old enough to be married, then what's the point of a promise ring?

Quoting danandsamsmom:

TommyAbby
by Melissa on Dec. 26, 2012 at 5:59 PM
2 moms liked this

Ever feel like you never see your bf/husband and need to beg for him to do something with you?

RosePetals4321
Posted by  on Dec. 6, 2012 at 1:44 PM
  • 12 Replies

The bf and I are on different work schedules and days off.  For example last nite I saw him for a couple hours, would have been more but he was tired and in a mood and only giving one word answers so I got tired of that shit.  I went in the bedroom.  Would have had more time together but every week on his days off he has one day that he just doesnt say anything to me except one words and when I get up and go in another room he will follow me to just be with me.  I feel like I havent had any time with him.  WE either get days like yesterday, he spends Wed. nites on the phone with his mother and brother while I am just sitting in his apartment.  Saturdays we dont do much.  This saturday he just wanted to scrub his kitchen spotless.  I asked him if we could do something tonite....and of course no answer.  Ever feel like you never see your SO and need to almost beg for him to do something with you...

So along with not being able to talk to him, you have to beg to have him spend time with you??

boshs1andonly
by on Dec. 26, 2012 at 6:06 PM

i didn't see this post. op why would you want to marry someone who doesn't want to spend time with you?

Quoting TommyAbby:

Ever feel like you never see your bf/husband and need to beg for him to do something with you?

RosePetals4321
Posted by  on Dec. 6, 2012 at 1:44 PM
  • 12 Replies

The bf and I are on different work schedules and days off.  For example last nite I saw him for a couple hours, would have been more but he was tired and in a mood and only giving one word answers so I got tired of that shit.  I went in the bedroom.  Would have had more time together but every week on his days off he has one day that he just doesnt say anything to me except one words and when I get up and go in another room he will follow me to just be with me.  I feel like I havent had any time with him.  WE either get days like yesterday, he spends Wed. nites on the phone with his mother and brother while I am just sitting in his apartment.  Saturdays we dont do much.  This saturday he just wanted to scrub his kitchen spotless.  I asked him if we could do something tonite....and of course no answer.  Ever feel like you never see your SO and need to almost beg for him to do something with you...

So along with not being able to talk to him, you have to beg to have him spend time with you??

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)