Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

He gave me a ring and says "this is what you have wanted isnt it?"

The bf gave me an absolutely beautiful diamond ring yesterday.  It was totally unexpected.  When I opened it he said "thats what you have been wanting isnt it?"  So what do I take this ring as....I wanted to be engaged. 

by on Dec. 26, 2012 at 9:25 AM
Replies (61-70):
ReadWriteLuv
by Casey on Dec. 26, 2012 at 6:33 PM
1 mom liked this
So I take it he hasn't committed that crime he was going to yet? Or decided not to send you to another state? Or was that him that was going?

With every post you have ever put here on Cafemom about this doucheface, why would you WANT to marry him?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
lruggio
by on Dec. 26, 2012 at 6:40 PM

Did you want to be "engaged" or did you and he talk together about building a future together, making your relationship legal?  If only YOU talked about it, then perhaps that is what he meant by asking you if that is what you were wanting...if you BOTH were talking aboiut moving your relaitonship into a lifelong, legal one, then he should re-think what he said to you.  

So, what did you want...a ring or a marriage?  That is the discussion that you BOTH should be having.  Make sure that what you are talking about is what he is equally on board with also or you have the wrong guy.

ReadWriteLuv
by Casey on Dec. 26, 2012 at 6:44 PM
1 mom liked this
Is also have that "diamond" appraised. It's probably cubic zirconium. BUT, if you don't mind any of this other bullshit, you probably wouldn't mind that either, since you aren't romantic and whatnot.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MomToovey
by Marianne on Dec. 26, 2012 at 10:44 PM
3 moms liked this

Aww, that was fun. I avoid the groups that are full of drama so I don't really get to see stuff like this go down. It was refreshing, kind of like watching a soap opera after watching Disney Jr. all day long!

I don't even think the OP is reading this anymore. She stopped trying to defend her relationship 3 pages ago, but if you are still there - I'm with the other 63 mommas. Ask him. You've been in this relationship long enough that you should feel comfortable enough with him to talk about anything. So if you're unsure what the ring means, you know what you need to do.

RosePetals4321
by on Dec. 27, 2012 at 9:01 AM

You sitting high on the hill in the palace or are you Mother Teresa......here to save the world.

Quoting ReadWriteLuv:

So I take it he hasn't committed that crime he was going to yet? Or decided not to send you to another state? Or was that him that was going?

With every post you have ever put here on Cafemom about this doucheface, why would you WANT to marry him?

RosePetals4321
by on Dec. 27, 2012 at 9:02 AM

Mother Teresa!!!  Here to save the world arent you.  Or at least to save Cafe Mom and fix EVERYONES problems. 

Quoting TommyAbby:

Ever feel like you never see your bf/husband and need to beg for him to do something with you?

RosePetals4321
Posted by  on Dec. 6, 2012 at 1:44 PM
  • 12 Replies

The bf and I are on different work schedules and days off.  For example last nite I saw him for a couple hours, would have been more but he was tired and in a mood and only giving one word answers so I got tired of that shit.  I went in the bedroom.  Would have had more time together but every week on his days off he has one day that he just doesnt say anything to me except one words and when I get up and go in another room he will follow me to just be with me.  I feel like I havent had any time with him.  WE either get days like yesterday, he spends Wed. nites on the phone with his mother and brother while I am just sitting in his apartment.  Saturdays we dont do much.  This saturday he just wanted to scrub his kitchen spotless.  I asked him if we could do something tonite....and of course no answer.  Ever feel like you never see your SO and need to almost beg for him to do something with you...

So along with not being able to talk to him, you have to beg to have him spend time with you??

TommyAbby
by Melissa on Dec. 27, 2012 at 9:11 AM

you put it out there for everyone on the internet to see...

Quoting RosePetals4321:

Mother Teresa!!!  Here to save the world arent you.  Or at least to save Cafe Mom and fix EVERYONES problems. 

Quoting TommyAbby:

Ever feel like you never see your bf/husband and need to beg for him to do something with you?

RosePetals4321
  • 12 Replies

The bf and I are on different work schedules and days off.  For example last nite I saw him for a couple hours, would have been more but he was tired and in a mood and only giving one word answers so I got tired of that shit.  I went in the bedroom.  Would have had more time together but every week on his days off he has one day that he just doesnt say anything to me except one words and when I get up and go in another room he will follow me to just be with me.  I feel like I havent had any time with him.  WE either get days like yesterday, he spends Wed. nites on the phone with his mother and brother while I am just sitting in his apartment.  Saturdays we dont do much.  This saturday he just wanted to scrub his kitchen spotless.  I asked him if we could do something tonite....and of course no answer.  Ever feel like you never see your SO and need to almost beg for him to do something with you...

So along with not being able to talk to him, you have to beg to have him spend time with you??

RosePetals4321
by on Dec. 27, 2012 at 9:15 AM

So what if I did.....i have nothing to hide.  Unlike you.....who is perfect living in the palace or solving everyones problems just like Mother Teresa. 

Quoting TommyAbby:

you put it out there for everyone on the internet to see...

Quoting RosePetals4321:

Quoting TommyAbby:

RosePetals4321
  • 12 Replies

by Silver Member on Dec. 27, 2012 at 9:16 AM
1 mom liked this

Wow, I am beyond confused by all this. Intriguing read though. Are you or are you not engaged? And why cant you ask him? So if you cant ask him then call a reception hall and a church and book a date and see what he says. But he may be too busy to do it that ay since it seems he is always busy and doesnt want to spend time with you anyway.

I dont understand this at all. 

ReadWriteLuv
by Casey on Dec. 27, 2012 at 9:36 AM
2 moms liked this

Oh no, I'm not trying to save you. I like your online persona just the way it is, you've given me hours of ridiculous entertainment.

I have no high horse to speak of. I do, however, have a husband who isn't a would be criminal, wanted to live with me, and actually asked me to marry him. So, I guess thats me: 3 you: 0.

Quoting RosePetals4321:

You sitting high on the hill in the palace or are you Mother Teresa......here to save the world.

Quoting ReadWriteLuv:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)