Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

He gave me a ring and says "this is what you have wanted isnt it?"

The bf gave me an absolutely beautiful diamond ring yesterday.  It was totally unexpected.  When I opened it he said "thats what you have been wanting isnt it?"  So what do I take this ring as....I wanted to be engaged. 

by on Dec. 26, 2012 at 9:25 AM
Replies (71-80):
kristina0121
by on Dec. 27, 2012 at 10:02 AM
Sorry you feel picked on, but I think the women here were trying to help. It seems they are frustrated because they don't understand why you can't ask him. We can't know the answer for sure, only he does.
I wouldn't want to assume because if I told people I was engaged and he found ou and said that's no what the ring meant, I would be embarrassed! Maybe try introducing him to someone as your fiance? Then you can gauge his reacion? I would just ask, but since you can't, try in another way, like I suggested.
I do want to add that as a divorcee, communication is important. If you can't communicate now, maybe work on it, because its essential in a marriage! Good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jeepninja
by on Dec. 27, 2012 at 11:18 AM

LOL - well my husband proposed by saying, "Are you going to marry me or what?" So sweet! Think yours is better.

MagicTemptation
by Christina on Dec. 27, 2012 at 11:52 AM
1 mom liked this

rolling on floor Yes you put your problems out there, ask for advice, then attack these women when they offer advice and point out what is obvious to the rest of us that you can't seem to wrap your head around in your OWN relationship. How the hell are we suppose to know what your ring means. Get off your butt and go ask your guyfriend, boyfriend, fiance, whatever he is. You want to marry someone that doesn't communicate properly or by your own words, doesn't want to spend time with you, then marry him.  I think you will do well in the Moms Confessions or the Cafemoms Newcomers group. They would love to take a whack at your mess.

Quoting RosePetals4321:

So what if I did.....i have nothing to hide.  Unlike you.....who is perfect living in the palace or solving everyones problems just like Mother Teresa. 

Quoting TommyAbby:

you put it out there for everyone on the internet to see...

Quoting RosePetals4321:

Mother Teresa!!!  Here to save the world arent you.  Or at least to save Cafe Mom and fix EVERYONES problems. 

Quoting TommyAbby:

Ever feel like you never see your bf/husband and need to beg for him to do something with you?

RosePetals4321
Posted by  on Dec. 6, 2012 at 1:44 PM
  • 12 Replies

The bf and I are on different work schedules and days off.  For example last nite I saw him for a couple hours, would have been more but he was tired and in a mood and only giving one word answers so I got tired of that shit.  I went in the bedroom.  Would have had more time together but every week on his days off he has one day that he just doesnt say anything to me except one words and when I get up and go in another room he will follow me to just be with me.  I feel like I havent had any time with him.  WE either get days like yesterday, he spends Wed. nites on the phone with his mother and brother while I am just sitting in his apartment.  Saturdays we dont do much.  This saturday he just wanted to scrub his kitchen spotless.  I asked him if we could do something tonite....and of course no answer.  Ever feel like you never see your SO and need to almost beg for him to do something with you...

So along with not being able to talk to him, you have to beg to have him spend time with you??

muppy984
by on Dec. 27, 2012 at 12:52 PM
Engagement, can be as beautiful as wedding itself, jst make it as a form of reminder to him. Show a little confusion abt it so dat u can get his opinion.
Hottmomma607
by Trica on Dec. 27, 2012 at 1:02 PM
Ask him!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Serenity7
by Platinum Member on Dec. 27, 2012 at 1:04 PM

You need to ask your boyfriend what the ring is for

flowerfunleah
by Bronze Member on Dec. 27, 2012 at 2:04 PM

If he wanted to be meant as an engagement ring then he would have proposed when he gave it to you. I wouldn't assume its an engagement ring.

CrazyLife1996
by on Dec. 27, 2012 at 2:28 PM
Ask him...... I did notice you call him "the boyfriend " and not "my boyfriend " any reason why?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
1stTimeMom1982
by Bronze Member on Dec. 27, 2012 at 2:41 PM

Yea you just have to ask if you want to know hun. Good luck 

Redwall
by on Dec. 27, 2012 at 7:16 PM

I'd say, "NO!  Not without a proposal!"

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)