Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

I dont know what to do and I really need advice.

Posted by on Dec. 26, 2012 at 1:26 PM
  • 100 Replies

January 6 we will be getting evicted, because I lost my job and we have no way to pay our rent. I need 400 dollars to pay it and have no income, and no family to help, churches say they dont have the means because of the holidays.  I posted on Wish upon a hero, and have recieved no response. This is causing tremendous stress on SO and I's relationship. All we do anymore is argue and he has really shown me a side of him that I do not like. The only option is staying with his sister and her DH and kid in a tiny trailer, that is in the middle of nowhere, there are no jobs and we will be stuck there, (off season in florida, no jobs till summer, and then the closest town is an hour away) bad for DD, because we will run out of funds soon, and how will we buy diapers, wipes, food? not to mention her DH is suggestive and flirty towards me, and SO in the VERY begining of our relationship with me (only were dating 3 months at the time) cheated on me (long term) with his exgirlfriend whom he dated for four years, she lives right up the road from where we would be staying, I would constantly be paranoid, and uncomfortable.  If SO and I split, I will be stuck there. second option- sell my car, it is a nice, dependable 06 scion xa, that i am in love with, first thing I ever purchased.  Then I could pay my rent. However, if SO and I split (likely) then I will have no car and no way to get one, get around to take care of my daughter. And eventually have to leave the apartment because I can't find a job here. So I'm not sure if there is any point in staying. SO lives in a fanatacy world and all of his plans are more like pipe dreams, they make no sense. He thinks if we move in with his sister we can save all this money and move to a town that we will be better off in, and doesn't realize that you can't save money with no income. Income tax this year wont be anything, I ended up owing money because I got a BP settlement in 2010 and didn't file it because I didn't know you were supposed to. (Now i owe 1k plus intrest.) All of DD's stuff is here, her doctor, her medicaid, everything. I am so confused.

I really don't know what to do. What do you think? We are young and i'm scared and confused. Our relationship is BAD right now. This stress is making us hate eachother.

by on Dec. 26, 2012 at 1:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommy2annaliese
by on Dec. 26, 2012 at 1:28 PM

If we split, I have a friend who would take me and DD in, temporarily, but she lives in unsafe apartments and her SO and her fight very often, so i'm not sure that is much of an option. I have no parents, and nobody to turn to, to talk to or to guide me towards the most sensable adult choice here.

charliebean
by on Dec. 26, 2012 at 1:30 PM
1 mom liked this
Well shit, you're in a pickle. I think I would sell the car and try to find a cheap one on craigslist to replace it if you can afford it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
charliebean
by on Dec. 26, 2012 at 1:30 PM
Where in FL are you?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommy2annaliese
by on Dec. 26, 2012 at 1:35 PM
We live in dothan but caryville is where we would be moving. I think staying with his sister would be a big mistake because not only will it continue the stress on our relationship but we will run out of money of there with no income. You can't save money web you have monthly expenses and no income.

Quoting charliebean:

Where in FL are you?

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
TommyAbby
by Melissa on Dec. 26, 2012 at 3:43 PM
2 moms liked this

Have you contacted Children and Family services to see about getting emergency aid? and unemployment? 

mommy2annaliese
by on Dec. 26, 2012 at 3:52 PM
No. Filed for unemployment and haven't heard back

Quoting TommyAbby:

Have you contacted Children and Family services to see about getting emergency aid? and unemployment? 

TommyAbby
by Melissa on Dec. 26, 2012 at 3:54 PM
4 moms liked this

I would be on the phone NOW trying to find out about getting that emergency aid and what is going with your unemployment. File for food stamps and anything else you can get to keep you where you are. Call every hour about your unemployment if you have to. You could have that money this week. 

Quoting mommy2annaliese:

Quoting TommyAbby:

JeremysMom
by on Dec. 26, 2012 at 4:04 PM
Call 211 from a landline or call the Salvation Army to see what they could help you with. How long ago did you file for unemployment? Do you think you are eligible? Will your landlord work with on until you find out about it? Does your SO have a job? If so, could you cut out other things instead of having to move?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommy2annaliese
by on Dec. 26, 2012 at 5:27 PM
I didn't know what emergency aide is. I still don't, I'll google it

Quoting TommyAbby:

I would be on the phone NOW trying to find out about getting that emergency aid and what is going with your unemployment. File for food stamps and anything else you can get to keep you where you are. Call every hour about your unemployment if you have to. You could have that money this week. 

Quoting mommy2annaliese:

Quoting TommyAbby:

PartyGalAnne
by on Dec. 26, 2012 at 5:34 PM
3 moms liked this

Why isn't he working? He's just another mouth to feed and you can't claim him as a dependent. Dump his ass.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)