Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Gift from DH and kids that I hate

Posted by   + Show Post

I am not a materialistic person but my DH and kids got me a coach purse for Christmas.   I  just cant bring myself to use it.  I only carry small purses and this one is big and its got to be the ugliest purse I ever saw.  I really hated it but I know its the thought that counts.   I didnt tell him I thought it was ugly I just said I wasnt used to big purses.   My son said we hand picked that for you.  I feel bad.   Is it wrong to want to exchange it?  My Dh said it has a lifetime warranty... I am thinking great I have to carry it forever!!  I would rather have the money  for groceries seriously.  Should I suck it up and use the ugly thing to make them all happy???

by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 8:53 AM
Replies (91-93):
tiredmama42
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 9:02 AM

Quoting soulofsunmama:

That's ugly,lol, love the thought they put into it, and love that he's mature enough to not take it personally, and let you actually get something YOU like and WILL use, instead of sitting collecting co webs in a closet!
Not a coach fan here either!

Quoting tiredmama42:

Here is the picture of the one I took back.  Maybe its the gold on it , I think if it were silver I would like it better.

My son told me he he didnt like it either so my DH let me exchange it and got over 100.00 back.  I had a hard time picking another one out.  I dont think I am a coach fan..

Especially for 360.00!  I was shocked .. just for a name. 

soulofsunmama
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 10:05 AM
1 mom liked this
Yea, that freaks me out!
360$ would feed us for SEVERAL months,lol, don't get me wrong I'm all about investing in quality, but if I'm investing I damn sure better use it!:)

Quoting tiredmama42:

Quoting soulofsunmama:

That's ugly,lol, love the thought they put into it, and love that he's mature enough to not take it personally, and let you actually get something YOU like and WILL use, instead of sitting collecting co webs in a closet!
Not a coach fan here either!

Quoting tiredmama42:

Here is the picture of the one I took back.  Maybe its the gold on it , I think if it were silver I would like it better.

My son told me he he didnt like it either so my DH let me exchange it and got over 100.00 back.  I had a hard time picking another one out.  I dont think I am a coach fan..

Especially for 360.00!  I was shocked .. just for a name. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommybellygirl
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 10:07 AM

ts too cute! If kids picked it out you gotta keep it!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN