Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Gift from DH and kids that I hate

Posted by   + Show Post

I am not a materialistic person but my DH and kids got me a coach purse for Christmas.   I  just cant bring myself to use it.  I only carry small purses and this one is big and its got to be the ugliest purse I ever saw.  I really hated it but I know its the thought that counts.   I didnt tell him I thought it was ugly I just said I wasnt used to big purses.   My son said we hand picked that for you.  I feel bad.   Is it wrong to want to exchange it?  My Dh said it has a lifetime warranty... I am thinking great I have to carry it forever!!  I would rather have the money  for groceries seriously.  Should I suck it up and use the ugly thing to make them all happy???

by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 8:53 AM
Replies (51-60):
ttm_mommy
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 10:41 PM

Right! Lol I shop there all of the time. 

Quoting Hottmomma607:

Whats an outlet version? They have nothing but nice things at Coach Outlets. Just left there too!! LOL
I lost count of my Coach bags I've them from Macy's,The Exchange,Coach store/outlet!

Quoting StrawberryCool:

Uhm I know my clutch was from an outlet. And its amazing!

Trust me its real.my friend doesnt buy fake

Quoting ReadWriteLuv:

I have five Coach purses, post a pic of it, let's see how "ugly" it is.

Seriously, he bought you a $300 plus purse to make you happy, (as long as it's not an outlet version), that is pretty sweet.

Supervane
by Bronze Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 10:42 PM
Say the zipper is failing take it back and say awww they dint have the same style pick one of your choice
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ttm_mommy
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 10:43 PM

The Outlet versions are the exact same. They just sale off season items which makes it cheaper. I don't are about that kind if stuff therefore we shop there a few times a year. If the kids bought it that's even more reason to not care if it came from an Outlet 

Quoting ReadWriteLuv:

I have five Coach purses, post a pic of it, let's see how "ugly" it is.

Seriously, he bought you a $300 plus purse to make you happy, (as long as it's not an outlet version), that is pretty sweet.

1squishysmom
by Bronze Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 11:11 PM

Our sons are now 20 and 16. I never have returned anything that they got for me, and I still wouldn't, even at their ages. Nor would I return anything my husband of 21 years got for me.

I don't care for Coach purses. I find them tacky looking (sorry, fans) but I would not return it. I would, as suggested by an earlier reply, tell them that it's too special to use for every day and use it just occasionally because I would never want anything to happen to it.

MamaKarrot
by Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 11:14 PM

Since the kids picked it out that's a hard one.  Why not tell them it's kind of big for mommy, take it back and let them help you pick a smaller one?  

soulofsunmama
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 11:14 PM
1 mom liked this
I can't stand that overpriced coach crap either!! Whole lot of groceries there.
Wasting Is not using it, return, and get something you like and will use (quietly, maybe just talk with dh privately)
Coach=GAUDY
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PartyGalAnne
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 11:19 PM

Exchange it for a pattern you like.

Mars06
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 11:49 PM

What message would it send to your child if you returned it?

thecoffeefairy
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 11:51 PM
I would learn to love no matter how ugly. I hard my pink coach bag at first. I love coach now.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ohmandy
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 11:55 PM

i agree with the pp who suggested exchanging WITH your lo for a smaller purse.  its a legit reason for wanting to exchange it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)