Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Gift from DH and kids that I hate

Posted by   + Show Post

I am not a materialistic person but my DH and kids got me a coach purse for Christmas.   I  just cant bring myself to use it.  I only carry small purses and this one is big and its got to be the ugliest purse I ever saw.  I really hated it but I know its the thought that counts.   I didnt tell him I thought it was ugly I just said I wasnt used to big purses.   My son said we hand picked that for you.  I feel bad.   Is it wrong to want to exchange it?  My Dh said it has a lifetime warranty... I am thinking great I have to carry it forever!!  I would rather have the money  for groceries seriously.  Should I suck it up and use the ugly thing to make them all happy???

by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 8:53 AM
Replies (61-70):
Hottmomma607
by Trica on Dec. 30, 2012 at 1:57 AM
Must be hitting those broke ass outlets? The one we frequent has nice high end outlets! Right outside Seattle right before Canadian border!

Quoting ttm_mommy:

Right! Lol I shop there all of the time. 

Quoting Hottmomma607:

Whats an outlet version? They have nothing but nice things at Coach Outlets. Just left there too!! LOL

I lost count of my Coach bags I've them from Macy's,The Exchange,Coach store/outlet!

Quoting StrawberryCool:

Uhm I know my clutch was from an outlet. And its amazing!

Trust me its real.my friend doesnt buy fake

Quoting ReadWriteLuv:

I have five Coach purses, post a pic of it, let's see how "ugly" it is.

Seriously, he bought you a $300 plus purse to make you happy, (as long as it's not an outlet version), that is pretty sweet.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
suetoo
by Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 8:22 AM
1 mom liked this

Want to regift it? I've always wanted one, but they don't carry them at Walmart.

1stTimeMom1982
by Bronze Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 12:42 PM
Took the words right out of my mouth. I think you should really keep it. However in the end it's your decision.

Quoting boshs1andonly:

I would never exchange a present that my kids picked out for me. I mean I know it's not exactly your taste but sometimes that happens when other people are picking out a gift for you. Smile, say thank you and use it once in awhile. It doesn't have to become your new everyday bag but I do think you should keep it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
HouseOfLove
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 12:53 PM

Use it for "special occasions"

tinysmom160
by Silver Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 1:28 PM

well I know how you feel my hubby is the worse gift giver and I try to act like I like it but is is hard. So I just but it in the closet. But maybe you could say this purse is to big for mommy and if we take it back they can go with and pick out a smaller one for you. Then they are still part of it.

susan_marie
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 1:34 PM
I don't think I could exchange a gift my kids picked out. It would be like throwing out pancakes the first time they made them. Heartbreak it what that would cause. For the future, keep a wish list page, have them pick something off of that. I have been doing that with all family and friends...it works
beatlelovermom
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 1:35 PM
I got nothing for Christmas because my husband is out of work and my job supports us. I wish I had this problem.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
glamorousamber
by Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 1:36 PM
I wanna see! I have a coach purse that my DF picked out...but I love it!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Daisyducc
by Bronze Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 7:47 PM

As someone whose husband will only shop from a "list", I think it's sweet that they picked something for you.  My toddler daughter did this for my birthday, and I got an owl necklace from Target.  DH said she took about twenty minutes deciding what to pick for her mommy.  Would I have ever picked it? No.  Do I wear it? You bet.  And she smiles every time she sees me enjoying it,

iHEAVENn
by Bronze Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 7:53 PM

If you return it/exchange it, how are the kids going to feel and what kind of example will you be setting for them involving Christmas and gifts they receive?? That would be my worry... :| If you exchange or return something you don't like, then be prepared for next Christmas and the one after that..... 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)