Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Gift from DH and kids that I hate

Posted by   + Show Post

I am not a materialistic person but my DH and kids got me a coach purse for Christmas.   I  just cant bring myself to use it.  I only carry small purses and this one is big and its got to be the ugliest purse I ever saw.  I really hated it but I know its the thought that counts.   I didnt tell him I thought it was ugly I just said I wasnt used to big purses.   My son said we hand picked that for you.  I feel bad.   Is it wrong to want to exchange it?  My Dh said it has a lifetime warranty... I am thinking great I have to carry it forever!!  I would rather have the money  for groceries seriously.  Should I suck it up and use the ugly thing to make them all happy???

by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 8:53 AM
Replies (71-80):
mandynjohnsmom
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 7:58 PM

I would keep it and use it. my daughter brought me a wallet i would not buy myself but i still use it. Just use it for alittle while and then put it up in the closet

shackelford8610
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 8:00 PM

Suck and up, your kids and husband got it for you! Thankfully you got a gift this year, there are MANY people that didn't. And I am assuming that if you COULDN'T afford groceries than he wouldnt of gotten you this gift. I think your trying to find an excuse not to use something so expensive and just remember you deserve something expensive as well. I have never seen a ugly coach purse. ;-D

westtxmomtobe
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 8:09 PM

Yikes! Let me start by saying if they put effort into trying to get you something, anything, you really should appreciate it. See I feel kinda bad because my 11 yo stepson got me a thing of pink gak stuff. It's like this slime toy thing. Just a week before Christmas I was hollering and complaining that someone else's gak stuff ended up stuck to the underside of my kitchen table. I complained about how I never wanted to see the stuff again, and he didn't say anything about my gift already wrapped and under the tree. The thing is, he remembered my favorite color is pink! He thought it out and got something pink. Honestly, he could have found me a pink cat turd and I'd be just as happy cause he remebered the pink!!! He was so stinkin thoughtful and sweet and I just adore him for it. I just hope he knows how much I love that he thought of me and remembered when he picked it out!!! I'd use the ugliest purse ever made if my family had gotten it for me. AND I'd do it with a big flippin grin too cause I WOULD BE HAPPY that someone thought about me, spent the time on me and the cash on me. My son could have gotten a candy bar but didn't.

peachesforme
by Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 8:55 PM

If it was me, I'd focus on the fact that my kids and dh love me and picked it out for me.  It's not physically painful to carry it, so I'd just use it anyway.

ambermario4ever
by Bronze Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 9:12 PM

See if you can trade it in for a smaller one that you like and use any extra money for food.

Autiziumom
by Bronze Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 10:50 PM
Ummmm.... okay! :-\
MrsNewman
by Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 10:51 PM

yes.

Nynnie
by Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 11:37 PM
Aww, that's soo sweet that they tried lol. Just use it once for them to see and take it back. I'm sure ur son wanted u to have something u liked, he was just wrong about what u liked
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
babs32
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 3:15 PM
I love coach purses. I have two of them, but like with everything else, there tends to be designs thatare ugly. If I were you, I would talk to your family about it. Let them know that you love the fact that they think so much of you that they wanted you to have something nice. See if you can exchange it, but take them with you. Have them help you pick a smaller one or maybe a medium sized one. That way they know your tastes when it comes to purses.
NiCo86
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 3:28 PM

Honestly, I'd still use it :) just like I would wear that ugly ass sweater Great Grandma got me just so that she could see me wear it LOL

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)