Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

miss sleeping with dh

Posted by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 10:08 AM
  • 11 Replies
So dh and i have been marries for 2.5 yrs. He has always snored but over the last year and a half it has gotten REALLY bad! He is 25 and was diagnossed with sleep apnia. We have not gotten a maskyet cuz a) money is tight and b) dr is hooeful for now it could get better with loosing weight. Dh has had a year since the diagnosis to start exercising and dieting and has refused. He has gained weight not lost it. His snoring is so bad i cant sleep. Im pregnant and take care of our kids( 4 and 1) so i need sleep. When it gets bad he will sleep on the couch. I miss having my dh by me all night. Any thoughts on how i can get him yo loose weight to see if it will help with snoring so he can sleep in our bed?
by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 10:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rmgriffberg
by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 11:33 AM

BUMP!

rmgriffberg
by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 12:45 PM

BUMP!

kgsharber
by Member on Dec. 28, 2012 at 12:50 PM
The whole family needs a lifestyle change of eating healthy. Also, has he tried any otc remedies?
rmgriffberg
by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 1:07 PM

we have tried otc remedies but they dont seem to do anything. the dr told us that at his age he shouldnt even have sleep apnea let alone how bad it is. ds is a very picky eater and has a sensory disorder and doesnt eat veggies, but besides that eats well. dd eats very healthy. i try. i eat fruits and veggies (though i will admit not as often as i should) and drink only water. im also cooking more naturally. using butter not margarine, using sea salt, real sugar, no packaged foods etc. dh works real late so i make enough for him to take to work the next day or two for lunch. he refuses to eat fruits and veggies and will op to take a sandwich, chips, cookies, and soda for lunch.

Quoting kgsharber:

The whole family needs a lifestyle change of eating healthy. Also, has he tried any otc remedies?

hollydaze1974
by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 1:14 PM
Does he know that if hecontinues to gain weight, eventually intimacy in the bedroom may become to uncomfortable for you to accomodate his... Girth and not the good kind?

Maybe understanding that his refusal to work on himself may impact your physical relationship would help. I mean it already is, isn't it? You can't sleep in the same bed now.... Just sayin, it might help.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
stickyfingers
by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 1:17 PM
tell him you need him to help you stay in shape for the birth. start learning to cook more healthy and do more active things as a family. its hard i know and you cant make someone lose if they dont care...but he needs to get it under control he has three and a wife kids who need him!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrs-haynes24
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 4:19 AM
My DF snores badly as well, but I have learned how to just suck it up...lol we have talked about it and He have done research on it. He trying different things so he wont snore, but I cannot imagine going to bed without my DF even eith the snoring :)
jbjb1024
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 6:10 AM
I can't believe the dr let him try to lose weight instead of giving him a mask. My Dh has it too and was never given the choice to either lose weight or get the mask. He got the mask. We didn't pay anything for it, insurance did. Having sleep apnea is dangerous. He really need to either lose weight or figure out how to get that mask. My Dh weighed over 300 pounds and has lost 50 pounds and still uses it. He feels 110% better by using his mask everynight.

I don't mean to sound like a nag, but sleep apnea can be scary if not treated.
Lindalou907
by Bronze Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 6:15 AM

Sleep apnea is serious, you need to get the mask ASAP. And keep ALL fattening foods out of the house, you don't want the kids getting the same bad habits. My husband is a smoker, sometimes they just don't change I'm sorry to say.

AMDS0304
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 6:16 AM

How many pounds over weight is he? I have sleep apnea and am not over weight I have a machine but don't use it all the time. It's kinda hard to sleep with it on. It makes me feel like I'm suffocating.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)