Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

sleeping together at night

Posted by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 10:08 AM
  • 104 Replies
Do you think it's important for you and your SO/DH to sleep in bed together every night?

The reason I'm asking is that my SO works til 10pm. When he gets home I'm up with him maybe an hour before I go to bed. He stays up every night and plays video games or watches tv... and passes out on the couch anywhere between 2-5am. I can't think of the last time we slept in bed together. It never bothered me much until recently.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 10:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kes1s
by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 10:14 AM
5 moms liked this

YES.

I'm a touch person, so nights together are waaaaay important for me to feel 'good' the next day.  If we go a few nights without that extra touch time I do get insecure, clingy and pissy about little things that would normally have been no big deal.

Fortunately my guy's a snuggle too so he is all about the early mornings and bed times together.

maria1613
by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 10:14 AM
We started out sleeping together when we first started dating. Then there was about 2 yrs where we had our own rooms because I couldn't handle his snoring. Now we're back to sleeping together again. I work til 10 everynight and I'm always ready for bed by midnight. So it works perfect. But while we were NOT sleeping together I noticed we had some problems, it was not fun, but when we cuddled that was our only time we were ever able to spend together.
tiredmama42
by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 10:19 AM

We always sleep together.  Even when we stayed at a friends lakehouse and it was full we both slept on the couch together.  One time he slept part of the night on the couch because we ere fighting but gave in and came to bed.  If it happened all the time I would think our relationship was ending.

garnet83
by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 10:29 AM

We don't. I have to be honest, I'm a selfish sleeper and I can't sleep well when he is in the bed with me. He can't sleep without the tv on, and I can't sleep with the light and the noise and there's no compromising on it. On top of that, both of us spread out when we sleep and we get in each other's way.

kalejames2010
by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 10:35 AM
My husband works from 7p to 7a. Sleeping together doesn't happen anymore...
CrazyLife1996
by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 10:36 AM
1 mom liked this
We always sleep together. I'm so use to him sleeping next to me that I can't sleep when he's not here.
MagicTemptation
by Christina on Dec. 28, 2012 at 10:51 AM
2 moms liked this

We always sleep together. On nights that I am tired and he wants to stay up and play video games or watch tv, we will sleep on the couch (it's a pull out bed). That way I can go to sleep cuddled up to him, and when he is ready to go to sleep, he can just drift off next to me.  There have been times that I have fallen asleep on the couch by accident, I will wake up in the morning and he is on the floor next to the couch. I wake easily and if I'm woken up it takes a long time for me to drift back to sleep. If he falls asleep before me, I either wake him and we go to bed together or just climb on the couch with him. He can literally fall asleep within seconds of laying his head down so he doesn't mind if I wake him.

swthrt737
by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 10:52 AM
Ha!
i love to sleep with my dh but ever since we meet,we sleep together during sex and btw on our honeymoon only upto now,he sleeps down on the floor! .
Claims that the bed feels uncomfortable,hmmmmm.........
swthrt737
by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 10:54 AM

BUMP!

swthrt737
by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 10:54 AM

BUMP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN