Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Any advice on blended families...

Posted by   + Show Post

So I have been with my DH now for almost four years, we just got married though like a month before. He has three children from a previous marriage, who I love and adore with all my heart as if they were my own...I don't  have any biological children. I would like to have one in the future I am just afraid of how it will affect the kids and their reaction to it. My husband has stated that they would be perfectly okay with it, but I don't want them to feel as if Daddy is forgetting about them. He's a great father, he cooks, he cleans, he even does puke detail (lol).

Has anyone out here been in a similar situation? Any advice you could give me? Thank you in advance!

by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 3:03 AM
Replies (21-23):
happysnappyJ
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 11:18 AM

Ah, ok. That makes sense now, but I should have written it differently, they are 3 years and 9 months, and one on the way. 

Quoting dallas4nu:

Because..a 3 month old, a 9 month old, and one on the way? That takes guts, mama! Mine will be 20 months apart and I was freakin out in the beginning - I can't imagine 6 months apart lol

Quoting happysnappyJ:

Yes. This pregnancy wasn't really planned per se, but we weren't preventing it either. Why do you say brave woman? 

Quoting dallas4nu:

Wow...were these all planned pregnancies? Your a brave women! Lol

Quoting happysnappyJ:

My husband has two children from his first wife, two amazing little girls who are my entire world. We've been married 6 years, they're 13 and 9. We have two biological children, both boys, who are 3 and 9 months, and I am pregnant. It was a transition when I was pregnant and had our first son, but we made sure we didn't treat the new baby any differently, we still did the same things with the girls that we had done before, and it wasn't even that hard, because we loved all the children the same. 

soymujer
by Silver Member on Dec. 31, 2012 at 5:48 PM

We have yours, mine and ours going on.  The other three didn't feel threatened.  Just talk to them, before, during and after.

family in the van   Mom of four

dallas4nu
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 9:01 PM
Lol oh that makes more sense! Congratulations by the way!

Quoting happysnappyJ:

Ah, ok. That makes sense now, but I should have written it differently, they are 3 years and 9 months, and one on the way. 

Quoting dallas4nu:

Because..a 3 month old, a 9 month old, and one on the way? That takes guts, mama! Mine will be 20 months apart and I was freakin out in the beginning - I can't imagine 6 months apart lol

Quoting happysnappyJ:

Yes. This pregnancy wasn't really planned per se, but we weren't preventing it either. Why do you say brave woman? 

Quoting dallas4nu:

Wow...were these all planned pregnancies? Your a brave women! Lol

Quoting happysnappyJ:

My husband has two children from his first wife, two amazing little girls who are my entire world. We've been married 6 years, they're 13 and 9. We have two biological children, both boys, who are 3 and 9 months, and I am pregnant. It was a transition when I was pregnant and had our first son, but we made sure we didn't treat the new baby any differently, we still did the same things with the girls that we had done before, and it wasn't even that hard, because we loved all the children the same. 

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN