Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Falling a part.

Posted by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 10:51 AM
  • 3 Replies
Our marriage is falling a part and has been for months but I think we are hitting rock bottom. We don't live in an ideal place because we are stuck at my parents, there always seems to be a lot of mis communication , he has a high sex drive I have a low sex drive but my meds make it non existent so I stopped taking them, we haven't been a date night since dd was born almost 8 month's ago because of no sitter, there are trust issues, fighting about money, we both feel unappreciated. Like I said it has seem to hit rock bottom and I don't know what to do :(
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 10:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Serenity7
by Platinum Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 10:54 AM

(((((((((((((((Hugs)))))))))))))

boshs1andonly
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 10:55 AM

I've been there, a few years ago dh and I were on the verge of separating for good. It seems like there's a lot going on and it may feel like you're stuck but that's not neccessarily the case. If your living situation isn't changing anytime soon, you may not be able to do much about that. But the miscommunication and feeling unappreciated, those are within your control. Have you read the book about love languages? If not, I suggest looking it up, it may help with those feelings of unappreciation and maybe open up more channels of communication. if you find ways to communicate more effectively, that may help a lot in the other areas as well including the fights about money and the trust issues. not sure what to say about the sex drive, its hard when you don't match up. but maybe once the other stuff gets better, the difference won't seem so pronounced kwim? good luck

Mrs.Burke11
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 10:58 AM
Thanks. I will look for that book asap.

Quoting boshs1andonly:

I've been there, a few years ago dh and I were on the verge of separating for good. It seems like there's a lot going on and it may feel like you're stuck but that's not neccessarily the case. If your living situation isn't changing anytime soon, you may not be able to do much about that. But the miscommunication and feeling unappreciated, those are within your control. Have you read the book about love languages? If not, I suggest looking it up, it may help with those feelings of unappreciation and maybe open up more channels of communication. if you find ways to communicate more effectively, that may help a lot in the other areas as well including the fights about money and the trust issues. not sure what to say about the sex drive, its hard when you don't match up. but maybe once the other stuff gets better, the difference won't seem so pronounced kwim? good luck

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)