Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Would you trade your wedding set for something more...unique?!

Posted by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 4:04 PM
  • 67 Replies
1 mom liked this

I'm really considering it! DH bought me this set when we got married 2 years ago.

ETA: THIS SET IS NOT MY ORIGINAL SET!! I have a family heriloom ring from the 1930's that belonged to my great, great grandmother that was given to my husband the day he propsed by my grandmother. That ring WILL NEVER go anywhere. SO yeah if it seems like I care less about this set than that one IT'S BECAUSE I DO. While I love this set because my husband picked it out for me it's not the set that i'm super attached to...and my husband isn't pissy about me wanting to possibly trade either. :0)

I love it but I also like to be a bit more different. My two favorite colors are pink and black and I found this ring that I ADORE! I was thinking of selling my old set to get this one! What do you guys think!?

Photobucket
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 4:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MaddiesMama09
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 4:06 PM
7 moms liked this
Your ring and your hand but I think the first one is way classier. The black and pink is god awful in my opinion.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
crazytexan
by Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 4:06 PM
I wouldn't do it. honestly, after a while I would get tired of the black & pink.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
alli1204
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 4:06 PM
I like it but I could NEVER get rid of my engagement/wedding rings. I'm way too sentimental. Plus my rings are gorgeous. ;)
ttc1rainbow
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 4:08 PM

I love both sets, but I would never get rid of mine! They're special, and unique enough all on their own!! But, it's your choice! :)

nicole2884
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 4:09 PM
Your current set is timeless an the black. N pink is trendy
Robsessed98
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 4:11 PM
1 mom liked this
Nope. I prefer the simple gold band because thats the one dh put on my finger when we got married.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HisUsmcWifey
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 4:16 PM

Thanks for your opinions ladies. I know it's a ring that isn't for everyone. I love my original set but i'm just looking for something a bit more different..I was thinking if we don't do the black and pink(DH isn't a huge fan) that I was looking at colored diamonds or stones. I love the antique style rings with multi colored stones.

Mojitomommy
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 4:17 PM
2 moms liked this
My wedding set was lost in the lake years ago . Nowaday I rock a tattoo wedding band and love it !
Amberleigh81
by Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 4:19 PM
1 mom liked this
I could never trade my wedding set. That's what my husband made me to show his love - his mom's diamond, reset for me and a custom wedding band.

The only way it's leaving my hand is if my son wants to give it to his future wife!
OliviaW.
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 4:20 PM

I really wish I could wear my ring and band but after having kids my fingers swell and we had to get a different band which I got to choose. I would love to go back to my engagement ring cause it's a fire topaz jewel and I love it. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN