Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Where Did You Get Married?

Posted by   + Show Post
I loved looking at the wedding pictures some of you posted. My hubby and I are pretty outdoorsy and big in to hiking, so we decided to get married on top of a mountain in CO. It was the two of us, our Minister, his brother and my brother in attendance. We all hiked up and had a what dh and I thought was our perfect ceremony. Where were you married? In a church, outside, a court house, at home, on the water, where? I love these stories.
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 2:03 PM
Replies (11-20):
The_Doodle
by Member on Dec. 31, 2012 at 2:25 PM
1 mom liked this

At a small bed and breakfast on the riverfront in Conway, SC (coastal SC)

MrsLuciano02
by Busty Mama on Dec. 31, 2012 at 2:25 PM
1 mom liked this
At the Chapel of the Bells in Reno NV ( I know about the curse that goes with it) dh and I eloped (my pic is our wedding photo)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Supervane
by Bronze Member on Dec. 31, 2012 at 2:26 PM
1 mom liked this

Wedding

I wasn't super in love with the pics, but this one was my favourite one
Fabulous24
by Member on Dec. 31, 2012 at 2:26 PM
1 mom liked this
We got married at a church and than had a reception at a country club overlooking the golf course. It was part indoor and part out door.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Robsessed98
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 2:28 PM
1 mom liked this

Answered this one yesterday in another group lol.

#1 was in my family church in the small OK town I was raised in. I was 18 and my parents went all out. It was very fancy, big and expensive. The time it took to plan it was longer than the marriage though. Too young and immature.

#2 was in Port Canaveral, FL, on a Carnival cruise ship before heading to the Bahamas. It was a pricey package deal and they provided a videographer, very nice decorations and music, cake, champagne and a few other things. We were the only ones there, besides witnesses we didn't know, because all our families were in OK. That  one lasted a few years.

#3 and final one was in MO. It was just us in the living room of a retired judge with coyote hunting blaring on the tv and him telling us what a bitch his ex-wife was while he did the paperwork. There was no ceremony or vows exchanged. He just signed the license and said "You're done". Not exactly romantic, but it was free lol. We exchanged our own vows that night. I have no intention of this one ending until death, and if it does there will not be a #4.

ambermario4ever
by Bronze Member on Dec. 31, 2012 at 2:28 PM
1 mom liked this

The ceremony that was just for us was on the beach. The one for my mom which was the legal one was in a cabin chapel in gatlinburg. 

We are going to hopefully have our dream wedding on our tenth wedding anniversary when we renew our vows.

JenniferW67
by Bronze Member on Dec. 31, 2012 at 2:30 PM
I bet that was beautiful. What time of year?
Quoting Snapdragon88:

Botanical gardens :)
JenniferW67
by Bronze Member on Dec. 31, 2012 at 2:34 PM

Sounds amazing. Did you go crazy waiting till the end of the day for the ceremony? I always wondered how people got through that. My nerves would have been shot!

Quoting AlannaMaria:

We got married at Myrtle Beach at a resort outside on the lawn with palm trees and the beach behind us. We got married at 7:00 pm so the sun was going down. It was beautiful :) them we did the pictures on the beach!

deadlights86
by Emily on Dec. 31, 2012 at 2:36 PM
1 mom liked this
a history museum/former train station.
JenniferW67
by Bronze Member on Dec. 31, 2012 at 2:38 PM

Wow! I bet it was incredible. I wonder how many weddings that church has seen? Are you living in England?

Quoting beeky:

I was married in an 800 year old church on the banks of the River Avon, in the Heart of England.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)