Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Where Did You Get Married?

Posted by   + Show Post
I loved looking at the wedding pictures some of you posted. My hubby and I are pretty outdoorsy and big in to hiking, so we decided to get married on top of a mountain in CO. It was the two of us, our Minister, his brother and my brother in attendance. We all hiked up and had a what dh and I thought was our perfect ceremony. Where were you married? In a church, outside, a court house, at home, on the water, where? I love these stories.
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 2:03 PM
Replies (21-30):
JenniferW67
by Bronze Member on Dec. 31, 2012 at 2:43 PM
6 am?!!! LOL Was it just the two of you? I bet it was beautiful at sunrise.
Quoting sktrowb:

86th street beach Virginia beach Virginia. At 6AM!
JenniferW67
by Bronze Member on Dec. 31, 2012 at 2:48 PM
OMG! That is insane! I complain when it's over 80. What time of day did you get married?
Quoting Supervane:

In a church Yuma AZ - it was the hottest day of that summer at 130° the reception was at a golf resort
beeky
by Alexandra on Dec. 31, 2012 at 2:51 PM

It was beautiful.  It was in the village that my husband was born and raised in.  We live in Canada now.  Moved here about 13 years ago.

http://www.bidfordonavon-pc.gov.uk/index.php

The slide show in the link shows the church where we were married, and our first home, and the place where I worked lol.

Quoting JenniferW67:

Wow! I bet it was incredible. I wonder how many weddings that church has seen? Are you living in England?

Quoting beeky:

I was married in an 800 year old church on the banks of the River Avon, in the Heart of England.

Supervane
by Bronze Member on Dec. 31, 2012 at 2:51 PM
It was like 3 pm maybe 2 I forget it was almost 7 years ago

Quoting JenniferW67:

OMG! That is insane! I complain when it's over 80. What time of day did you get married?

Quoting Supervane:

In a church Yuma AZ - it was the hottest day of that summer at 130° the reception was at a golf resort

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
my4kids274
by Member on Dec. 31, 2012 at 2:53 PM
1 mom liked this

JustIce of the Peace in Biggleswade, England.  We were both stationed there when we met and we got married. 

sktrowb
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 2:53 PM
1 mom liked this
It was my husband and I, our 1 year old dd(she turned 1 the day before) dhs aunt and uncle and my parents(only Dh, me and dd were in any pics.

Quoting JenniferW67:

6 am?!!! LOL Was it just the two of you? I bet it was beautiful at sunrise.

Quoting sktrowb:

86th street beach Virginia beach Virginia. At 6AM!
JenniferW67
by Bronze Member on Dec. 31, 2012 at 2:54 PM

Is that close to where you live or did people have to travel to attend and stay over?

Quoting The_Doodle:

At a small bed and breakfast on the riverfront in Conway, SC (coastal SC)

jbjb1024
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 2:54 PM
1 mom liked this
In a court house
Mikeswifee85
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 2:56 PM
1 mom liked this

In a small chapel in Vegas with my father in law and our daughter who was 6 months old at the time! It was amazing!!

The_Doodle
by Member on Dec. 31, 2012 at 2:58 PM
1 mom liked this

At the time, it was about a 45 minute drive from where we lived. We had a few family members from out of state who stayed with friends and a few of our friends stayed with us who attended.

Quoting JenniferW67:

Is that close to where you live or did people have to travel to attend and stay over?

Quoting The_Doodle:

At a small bed and breakfast on the riverfront in Conway, SC (coastal SC)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)