Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Where Did You Get Married?

Posted by   + Show Post
I loved looking at the wedding pictures some of you posted. My hubby and I are pretty outdoorsy and big in to hiking, so we decided to get married on top of a mountain in CO. It was the two of us, our Minister, his brother and my brother in attendance. We all hiked up and had a what dh and I thought was our perfect ceremony. Where were you married? In a church, outside, a court house, at home, on the water, where? I love these stories.
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 2:03 PM
Replies (241-250):
MamaMorgan0709
by Bronze Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 2:47 PM
1 mom liked this

Outside by a lake. 

JenniferW67
by Bronze Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 2:49 PM
This is good to know. I watched a travel show that featured Florida's West coast. They showed a beach known for its shells. I need to start putting together an itinerary for our Florida dream vacation. Thank you!
Quoting Fairegirl33:

We love it here.. we live on the west coast of FL.  Sarasota area... 

It is beautiful, I remember when I first moved to FL 8 years ago.... thinking will I ever think this is just "whatever"... I haven't yet.

We live about 20 min from the beach and I work 10 min from the beach.  I go sit at the beach at lunch time, drink iced coffee... clear my head.  It is amazing.  

Toes in the sand truly cures all !!!

Quoting JenniferW67:

OMG...this sounds like paradise to me. You don't need to reply if it makes you uncomfortable. But I would love to know where this is. We live in N. Idaho, but hope to visit Florida someday. I have a feeling it would seem like another workld to us.
Quoting Fairegirl33:

We were married at the beach.  The same beach we were engaged, the same beach we spent many days and nights falling in love :)

We love the beach... we hunt for sharks teeth, we stand around in the water drinking beer, we build sand castles with the kids, we lay in the sun, we sit at night and watch for shooting stars, we relax and listen to the drums during weekly drum circles.

The beach is our place to go and relax.  I didn't want to get married at the beach because so many people do here in FL but it just is "our place".

amyjane22
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 2:50 PM
1 mom liked this
We were married in our local church.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Fairegirl33
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 2:58 PM
1 mom liked this

Siesta Key beach in Sarasota is rated the nations best beach.... the sand is amazing !

And Casperson Beach in Venice is the shark tooth capitol of the world, we will go to the beach and come home with hundreds of them.

Quoting JenniferW67:

This is good to know. I watched a travel show that featured Florida's West coast. They showed a beach known for its shells. I need to start putting together an itinerary for our Florida dream vacation. Thank you!
Quoting Fairegirl33:

It is beautiful, I remember when I first moved to FL 8 years ago.... thinking will I ever think this is just "whatever"... I haven't yet.

We live about 20 min from the beach and I work 10 min from the beach.  I go sit at the beach at lunch time, drink iced coffee... clear my head.  It is amazing.  

Quoting JenniferW67:

OMG...this sounds like paradise to me. You don't need to reply if it makes you uncomfortable. But I would love to know where this is. We live in N. Idaho, but hope to visit Florida someday. I have a feeling it would seem like another workld to us.
Quoting Fairegirl33:

We were married at the beach.  The same beach we were engaged, the same beach we spent many days and nights falling in love :)

We love the beach... we hunt for sharks teeth, we stand around in the water drinking beer, we build sand castles with the kids, we lay in the sun, we sit at night and watch for shooting stars, we relax and listen to the drums during weekly drum circles.

The beach is our place to go and relax.  I didn't want to get married at the beach because so many people do here in FL but it just is "our place".

ashmac03
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 4:53 PM
1 mom liked this

We live in Northern CA, wine country so we had the wedding at one of our favorite local wineries.  

Quoting JenniferW67:

Nice! I bet that was beautiful and fun. Where was the winery?

Quoting ashmac03:

We were married outdoors at a winery surrounded by vineyards.  We loved it!  

MonkeyMommyNJ
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 4:53 PM
1 mom liked this

court house - jersey city

sweetmissy_05
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 5:06 PM
1 mom liked this

We got married at the courthouse in the courtyard...it was beautiful.

JenniferW67
by Bronze Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 5:19 PM
I have a bit of a shark phobia. My sister was bitten by one in CA when she was a teenager. That makes me feel a little better when I think of a bunch of toothless sharks swimming around. lol I didn't know they lost their teeth. I'm putting this beach on the list for sure. Thanks again!
Quoting Fairegirl33:

Siesta Key beach in Sarasota is rated the nations best beach.... the sand is amazing !

And Casperson Beach in Venice is the shark tooth capitol of the world, we will go to the beach and come home with hundreds of them.

Quoting JenniferW67:

Quoting Fairegirl33:

Quoting JenniferW67:

Quoting Fairegirl33:

Mdot7712
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 12:50 AM
1 mom liked this
We got married in Niagara Falls on the NY side. We were right next to the falls and it was so beautiful.
mrspena
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 10:51 AM
1 mom liked this
VEGAS BABY! Cupids wedding chapel.lol It was just us. So much fun even thoughI couldnt gamble. We did do a small ceremony for my parents the same place m oldest sister got married. In the exact same spot. It was nice. Very bonding for sis and I.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN