Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Where Did You Get Married?

Posted by   + Show Post
I loved looking at the wedding pictures some of you posted. My hubby and I are pretty outdoorsy and big in to hiking, so we decided to get married on top of a mountain in CO. It was the two of us, our Minister, his brother and my brother in attendance. We all hiked up and had a what dh and I thought was our perfect ceremony. Where were you married? In a church, outside, a court house, at home, on the water, where? I love these stories.
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 2:03 PM
Replies (261-270):
toybar02
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 12:24 PM
1 mom liked this
we went to city hall, planning a better wedding for sometime this year
JenniferW67
by Bronze Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 1:11 PM

Wow! This is such a sweet and sad story. That was just an all consuming time of grief. I think that was really cool that you married there so your DH's grandfather could attend.  I think you should have another ceremony and say your vows. Thanks for sharing your story.

Quoting Carol_H79:

At DH's grandparents retirement home, in the courtyard surrounded by old people.  His grandfather was to sick to travel.  It was crazy it was 4 days after 9/11.  My MIL played the exit music when my dad was walking me in.  Grandfather never made it past we are gathered here to join.....then he started praying for the victims of 9/11.  When he finished he turned and got on his scooter to leave.  DH and I just stood there not knowing what to do.  My mom finally said kiss the bride and it was over.  I like to joke with DH that we aren't really married we never said vows.

JenniferW67
by Bronze Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 1:14 PM

Just out of curiosity, why did you wait to buy your rings?
That must have been so romantic!

Quoting skippito:

My husband and I have together for 18yrs, married 13 of them. We had a small civil ceremony in our hometown with immediate family only. Then we flew to Europe for two weeks. We bought our wedding rings in southern France and did our ring exchange on top of the Eiffel Tower.

skippito
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 1:42 PM
2 moms liked this
We wanted them to be really special so we looked for just the right rings in France.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
JenniferW67
by Bronze Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 2:00 PM

That's awesome. Love the story!

Quoting skippito:

We wanted them to be really special so we looked for just the right rings in France.

Carol_H79
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 3:15 PM

I tried to get DH to do it but he won't.  His grandfather tried to get us to do it for years in his apartment with just us and Grandmother.

I think DH is about to leave me so it really won't be an option.  Tomorrow will be our 16th year together.

Quoting JenniferW67:

Wow! This is such a sweet and sad story. That was just an all consuming time of grief. I think that was really cool that you married there so your DH's grandfather could attend.  I think you should have another ceremony and say your vows. Thanks for sharing your story.

Quoting Carol_H79:

At DH's grandparents retirement home, in the courtyard surrounded by old people.  His grandfather was to sick to travel.  It was crazy it was 4 days after 9/11.  My MIL played the exit music when my dad was walking me in.  Grandfather never made it past we are gathered here to join.....then he started praying for the victims of 9/11.  When he finished he turned and got on his scooter to leave.  DH and I just stood there not knowing what to do.  My mom finally said kiss the bride and it was over.  I like to joke with DH that we aren't really married we never said vows.

JenniferW67
by Bronze Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 3:31 PM

I'm sorry. I hope everything works out the way you want it to.

Quoting Carol_H79:

I tried to get DH to do it but he won't.  His grandfather tried to get us to do it for years in his apartment with just us and Grandmother.

I think DH is about to leave me so it really won't be an option.  Tomorrow will be our 16th year together.

Quoting JenniferW67:

Quoting Carol_H79:

Carol_H79
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 3:41 PM

Thank you.  I think 99% of our problems are coming from the stress of being parents.  We differ on most things having to do with raising our DS.  Anyone else feel that parenting stress is killing you relationship?

Quoting JenniferW67:

I'm sorry. I hope everything works out the way you want it to.

Quoting Carol_H79:

Quoting JenniferW67:

Quoting Carol_H79:

PEEK05
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 3:42 PM

Vegas, as a planned thing, not just a random hop on the plane get hitched thing lol.

veronicamw
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 3:46 PM

Um I was married in banquet room in a bar down the street from us on december 23 2011 it was kinda a shot gun wedding. My now Mother in law called on the 21 and said I booked a room at the bar and got someone to marry you guys and you cant say no. so here we are married.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)