Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Where Did You Get Married?

Posted by   + Show Post
I loved looking at the wedding pictures some of you posted. My hubby and I are pretty outdoorsy and big in to hiking, so we decided to get married on top of a mountain in CO. It was the two of us, our Minister, his brother and my brother in attendance. We all hiked up and had a what dh and I thought was our perfect ceremony. Where were you married? In a church, outside, a court house, at home, on the water, where? I love these stories.
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 2:03 PM
Replies (271-280):
tamullen607
by Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 4:00 PM
1 mom liked this

My ex and I got married in a beautiful, old Lutheran Church (the one his mother grew up in, and his parents were married there as well) in Southwest Missouri.  My now DH and I got married by a Justice of the Peace at the court house in High Point, NC.

SunnyDayz-Ahead
by Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 4:43 PM
Which chapel?

Quoting ambermario4ever:

The ceremony that was just for us was on the beach. The one for my mom which was the legal one was in a cabin chapel in gatlinburg. 

We are going to hopefully have our dream wedding on our tenth wedding anniversary when we renew our vows.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ambermario4ever
by Bronze Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 7:02 PM

I don't remember it was at a cabin rental place that also rented out cabins. My mom and aunt made all the plans we just showed up.

Quoting SunnyDayz-Ahead:

Which chapel?

Quoting ambermario4ever:

The ceremony that was just for us was on the beach. The one for my mom which was the legal one was in a cabin chapel in gatlinburg. 

We are going to hopefully have our dream wedding on our tenth wedding anniversary when we renew our vows.

toddler girl                         toddler boy

Sarah                                           Luciano

(10-16-06)                                  (11-27-08)

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

WinterRose12
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 7:27 PM
1 mom liked this

We got married in New Hampshire at Pease AFB at the Catholic Church and my 2 sister's were the bridesmaids and my cousin was bestman and his wife was my maid of honor ... 

SunnyDayz-Ahead
by Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:51 PM
I think I know the one you're talking about. I used to do wedding photography at a big white one with stained glass in the front.

Quoting ambermario4ever:

I don't remember it was at a cabin rental place that also rented out cabins. My mom and aunt made all the plans we just showed up.

Quoting SunnyDayz-Ahead:

Which chapel?

Quoting ambermario4ever:

WesternNYmom
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 11:32 PM

We got married at a local hotel.  The ceremony took place at the gazebo in the hotel's back courtyard. It was right next to the river, which was great because it was so hot out, and the breaze coming off the river felt great.  The river in the background also made a beautiful background in our wedding pictures.  The reception was held in the hotel's grand ballroom. We had 98 guests at our wedding. Dh and I have large extendend families, and we also included close friends of our families. It was a great day.

lilybud1120
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 12:59 AM
In a local church. About 100 people. April will be one year ago. Crazy, I remember bring nervous for the day to come and now it's done gone.
model1000mom
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 1:09 AM

We eloped and got married in a court house

ambermario4ever
by Bronze Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 10:49 AM

There was no stain glass and it was a brown wood log cabin chapel. Here is a pic that was taken outside.

Quoting SunnyDayz-Ahead:

I think I know the one you're talking about. I used to do wedding photography at a big white one with stained glass in the front.

Quoting ambermario4ever:

Quoting SunnyDayz-Ahead:

Which chapel?

Quoting ambermario4ever:

toddler girl                         toddler boy

Sarah                                           Luciano

(10-16-06)                                  (11-27-08)

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

SunnyDayz-Ahead
by Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 11:10 AM
Yeah the one I worked at had the stained glass. It looks (from pics) that this one was right after ours. I loved living there. :)

Quoting ambermario4ever:

There was no stain glass and it was a brown wood log cabin chapel. Here is a pic that was taken outside.

Quoting SunnyDayz-Ahead:

Quoting ambermario4ever:

Quoting SunnyDayz-Ahead:

Which chapel?

Quoting ambermario4ever:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)