Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Where Did You Get Married?

Posted by   + Show Post
I loved looking at the wedding pictures some of you posted. My hubby and I are pretty outdoorsy and big in to hiking, so we decided to get married on top of a mountain in CO. It was the two of us, our Minister, his brother and my brother in attendance. We all hiked up and had a what dh and I thought was our perfect ceremony. Where were you married? In a church, outside, a court house, at home, on the water, where? I love these stories.
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 2:03 PM
Replies (41-50):
JenniferW67
by Bronze Member on Dec. 31, 2012 at 3:11 PM
I want to do that too. Well, I don't want it be too big. Just our family and some close friends.
Quoting ambermario4ever:

The ceremony that was just for us was on the beach. The one for my mom which was the legal one was in a cabin chapel in gatlinburg. 

We are going to hopefully have our dream wedding on our tenth wedding anniversary when we renew our vows.

Mari6443
by Silver Member on Dec. 31, 2012 at 3:13 PM
1 mom liked this
We got married in a church, in a city not too far from Orlando. Actually the church is very close to where my sister, BIL and niece live. :-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsLuciano02
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 3:14 PM
1 mom liked this
Before we got married I was told not to get married at the chapel of the bells because its curse is that couples who marry there will be divorced in one year after they wed...well I have been married almost 2 years

Quoting JenniferW67:

What?!! What's the curse? Nice pic btw.

Quoting MrsLuciano02:

At the Chapel of the Bells in Reno NV ( I know about the curse that goes with it) dh and I eloped (my pic is our wedding photo)

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MrsLuciano02
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 3:16 PM
Right before I was married, I was warned about its curse of couples getting divorced one year after the wed...i even looked it up but I have been wed for almost 2 years and not looking for the big D in any way

Quoting sweetsouthrnMom:

I feel ridiculous admitting this, but I am from Reno NV and I haven't heard about the curse connected to the Chapel of the Bells in Reno. Would you mind telling me the story-curse? I would love to know....ah how The Biggest Little City has my heart!

Quoting MrsLuciano02:

At the Chapel of the Bells in Reno NV ( I know about the curse that goes with it) dh and I eloped (my pic is our wedding photo)

JenniferW67
by Bronze Member on Dec. 31, 2012 at 3:19 PM

How cool! How did you come up with that idea?

Quoting deadlights86:

a history museum/former train station.

JenniferW67
by Bronze Member on Dec. 31, 2012 at 3:23 PM
3's a charm! Or so I've heard.
Quoting Robsessed98:

Answered this one yesterday in another group lol.

#1 was in my family church in the small OK town I was raised in. I was 18 and my parents went all out. It was very fancy, big and expensive. The time it took to plan it was longer than the marriage though. Too young and immature.

#2 was in Port Canaveral, FL, on a Carnival cruise ship before heading to the Bahamas. It was a pricey package deal and they provided a videographer, very nice decorations and music, cake, champagne and a few other things. We were the only ones there, besides witnesses we didn't know, because all our families were in OK. That  one lasted a few years.

#3 and final one was in MO. It was just us in the living room of a retired judge with coyote hunting blaring on the tv and him telling us what a bitch his ex-wife was while he did the paperwork. There was no ceremony or vows exchanged. He just signed the license and said "You're done". Not exactly romantic, but it was free lol. We exchanged our own vows that night. I have no intention of this one ending until death, and if it does there will not be a #4.

LilliesValley
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 3:23 PM
1 mom liked this

We were married outside in the town gazebo. No one else had ever been married there! I guess they all go to the park and pay $300! The one in the town center was free, there is  fire station across the street so that could have been a problem, but luckily no firetrucks until 3 minutes after the wedding was over! We only had 30 people in attendance, which were parents, siblings and grandparents (and technically not all of those!). If we had started inviting aunts, uncles and cousins the number could have quickly jumped to 200 without batting an eye. We were just going to go down to the courthouse, but when we were able to do this for free and get a preacher to marry us it was no big deal. We did get married in a Catholic ceremony when our daughter was 3. My hubby and I are both Catholic, but didn't want to have to go through all the marriage classes that take a year. It worked out we got married and then our daughter got baptized. So we've been married twice! My husband says that's enough for any man!

mom-2-4boys
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 3:25 PM
1 mom liked this

In a church that dh's family played a big part in building so it had very special meaning to us. We were the 2nd couple to have their ceremony in the building.

deadlights86
by Emily on Dec. 31, 2012 at 3:26 PM
Its been my favorite place in my city since I was a kid. Hubby and I had our first date there and on our first anniversary we went back and he purposed there so getting married there was the obvious choice.

Quoting JenniferW67:

How cool! How did you come up with that idea?

Quoting deadlights86:

a history museum/former train station.

NiCo86
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 3:27 PM
1 mom liked this

on a bluff in Kenai, Alaska. We eloped and had a friend of ours marry us :) it was a wonderfully perfect day!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN