Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ugh...My Pants Are A Little Snug

Posted by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 12:05 AM
  • 26 Replies

I HATE this feeling. I haven't been very careful about what I've been eating over the holidays and I'm paying the price. So, starting tomorrow I'm cutting the junk out of my diet and making sure I get my exercise EVERYDAY. The holidays are over and I don't want my clothes to fit like this. I'm going to add lots more veggies to my diet, new ones that I don't normal eat and not eat late at night.

Anyone else going through the same thing? What are you going to do different starting tomorrow?

by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 12:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
shadow_lark
by Silver Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 12:50 AM
I'd like to say the same, but tbh, its going to turn out like every other year where nothing changes. I may walk more now that we live in town, but an actual routine is just out of the question right now. As for.junk, I don't buy it but rarely because we have a small grocery budget.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
JenniferW67
by Bronze Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 12:56 AM
1 mom liked this

I don't buy junk, I make it. lol There's just been more of it around since the holidays. Is that you in your avitar? I used to have horses. Riding awesome exercise.

Quoting shadow_lark:

I'd like to say the same, but tbh, its going to turn out like every other year where nothing changes. I may walk more now that we live in town, but an actual routine is just out of the question right now. As for.junk, I don't buy it but rarely because we have a small grocery budget.

Byrd15
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 12:59 AM
1 mom liked this
Im pregnant but we're all changing our diets and eating more fruits and veggies! :)!
Ninjascreenname
by Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 1:03 AM
1 mom liked this
Our whole house made the resolution to become healthier- we had sloppy joes for dinner, and i just ate a thing of ramen noodles. Ugggggggggggggggh!
shadow_lark
by Silver Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 1:18 AM
1 mom liked this
Yup, that's me and my grouchy old man :)
OK, I give you the hoke made junk...for some reason I don't count that...maybe because its junkiness is somewhat less junky than the store bought junk? Lol, idk.
And yes riding is excellent exercise, but I don't get to rise much, especially this time of year. But I do spend three days a week cleaning the barn and bringing the horses in. Which is a lot of work too.

Quoting JenniferW67:

I don't buy junk, I make it. lol There's just been more of it around since the holidays. Is that you in your avitar? I used to have horses. Riding awesome exercise.

Quoting shadow_lark:

JennPearce
by Jenn! on Jan. 2, 2013 at 2:09 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm back on myfitnesspal tracking my calories & cutting out all drinks that aren't water! I have been bad the last 2 weeks!
Daisyducc
by Bronze Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 4:52 AM
1 mom liked this

Happy New Year!

I'm expecting, so my maternity pants still fit, but I understand your frustration.  

We are getting back to basics this week...the treats are all thrown away, and it's back to fruits, veggies, whole grains and lean protein...and exercise!  

i.heart.myboys
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 8:16 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm doing the same thing trying to cut it out.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JenniferW67
by Bronze Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 12:31 PM
I really need to better about drinking more water. I feel some better and my skin looks so much better when I do.
Quoting JennPearce:

I'm back on myfitnesspal tracking my calories & cutting out all drinks that aren't water! I have been bad the last 2 weeks!
JenniferW67
by Bronze Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 12:38 PM

Ok, can you come over and throw away our treats? I CAN'T DO IT. lol They are just about gone. I did go grocery shopping yesterday and picked up ingredients for some new healthy recipes that I'm excited to try. Hubby is a little nervous. He never gains an ounce, no matter what he eats.

Quoting Daisyducc:

Happy New Year!

I'm expecting, so my maternity pants still fit, but I understand your frustration.  

We are getting back to basics this week...the treats are all thrown away, and it's back to fruits, veggies, whole grains and lean protein...and exercise!  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)