Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Annoying husbands

Posted by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 3:01 AM
  • 9 Replies
So many people tell my husband and me that they wish they "wish they had what we have" and that's amazing and speaks volumes.. I don't expect perfection ever but I expect effort. Because we have so many blessings I hate feeling like I need more.
My husband is no youngin lol and he should know better but he is so involved in "his" time that it makes me sick. I never get that kind of time and I want to scream! He spent all day playing friggen Xbox and then the rest on his time on his kindle playing games. I follow him around like an
Idiot looking for attention and to spend time But he sits there and ignores me. So it's now 1125 at night and were outside, him playing on his damn kindle and i get up and come inside and put on a tv show. THEN he comes in and tells me "thanks for ditching me." ahhh!!! Then storms upstairs because I won't change the channel. This is constant and I could just punch him!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 3:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
DieselsMom
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 3:46 AM

so your friends don't know what kind of marriage you have....they surely wouldn't want it if they did!! My husband gets "him" time, and while he is having "him" time, I get some "me" time!! Usually when the baby is asleep....I don't give a flying fart if anyone else wants what we have, but it is working for us!

Daisyducc
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 4:26 AM
I don't mind DH having "his time" as long as he is helpful during family time and gives me the same courtesy to get some "me" time. Have you talked to him about it?
swthrt737
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 4:42 AM
Men need attention,respect,love and much more than we do,most men do exactly what yr Dh is doing to you,some do it differently but it all looks the same,e.g my Dh is always on FB and the moment he logs out and i switch to CM,he again tells me that he was still checking his FB PROFILE! The same applies to TV he' the choser of what we shd watch!
Meaning i don't get time to check my stuff when he's at home,but the thing is learn to talk to yr Dh and tell him what hurts u,it has worked for me lately and my Dh leaves me to do what i want at anytime.
clasater
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 5:11 AM
1 mom liked this
Next time he Does that this is what you do. First take interest in something he is doing for an hour or so. Ask if you can play the video game with him, I'm sure he would think your the coolest wife ever. Then after youve taken interest and had fun doing something that he wants to do and enjoys doing, ASK him to do something with you that you want to do! To me it sounds like he enjoyed having you just sit there and being there with him which is why he said you ditched him when you got up and did your own thing, when really you just wanted a little more interaction from him, he took it the wrong way and you went about getting what you wanted in an ineffective way. Communicate with him, "honey will you spend one hour watching tv and cuddling with me on the couch?" or "do you think we could do something together for an hour or so?" sounds like hes a typical guy, not a mind reader, and he had no idea what you wanted but he did enjoy you sitting there following him around because he likes to just be with you. Communicate, communicate, communicate!
i.heart.myboys
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 8:03 AM
I would have to agree with you.

Quoting Daisyducc:

I don't mind DH having "his time" as long as he is helpful during family time and gives me the same courtesy to get some "me" time. Have you talked to him about it?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Thr33-boys
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 2:16 PM
"he" time needs to be limited! We communicate well, just need to scream via internet sometimes where no one can hear lol. He's awesome but so friggen clueless!
Thr33-boys
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 2:50 PM
We actually have a very lovely marriage. Doesn't mean I don't want to grow out of this technology obsession craze that has taken over.

Quoting DieselsMom:

so your friends don't know what kind of marriage you have....they surely wouldn't want it if they did!! My husband gets "him" time, and while he is having "him" time, I get some "me" time!! Usually when the baby is asleep....I don't give a flying fart if anyone else wants what we have, but it is working for us!

midjet117
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 2:58 PM
1 mom liked this
Lol we don't really have that issue. I mean we do but it kinda works for us. We have our US time, then we have him on the ps3 and me on my phone while the kids play or eat or whatever kids do lol.
midjet117
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 2:58 PM
Lol we don't really have that issue. I mean we do but it kinda works for us. We have our US time, then we have him on the ps3 and me on my phone while the kids play or eat or whatever kids do lol.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN