Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

How do I tell my lovely husband...

Posted by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 8:37 AM
  • 17 Replies
To please, please, please lay off the colgne? God i don't want to hurt his feelings, but he sprays it like my grandmother did!!!

It is so overwhelming in the morning that i can be two rooms away and smell that cologne coming a good five minutes before he, himself gets to me!

And kind advice?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 8:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
poshkat
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 8:39 AM
Just tell him. I hate Dh's cologne and I tell him all the time.
ryryab
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 9:21 AM

Just tell him. 

swthrt737
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 10:27 AM
Some times we need to use wisdom on how we need to speak with our Dh(s) bse they too think they're doing right in all that they do.
However,before telling him how you feel about the cologne first appreciate it's scent and how good it smells on him,then later tell him the bad side of it. Good luck.
Megan11587
by Megan on Jan. 2, 2013 at 10:28 AM

Hide it :)

Just kidding.  I would tell him that you like the cologne, and he smells great, but maybe he could try to use a little less?

2lilmamas
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 10:35 AM
Just tell him to tone it down a bit.
ibelieveinpink
by Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 4:27 PM
Just tell him.
mango44
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 4:31 PM

OMG too funny!  Ok I work in an office with these two men, who sometimes come in smelling like a french whore house!  They might be like two cubicals from me and all day long I am smelling them!  By the end of the day I got a headache and especially if they both lay it on thick the same day!  Then we are mixing fragrance and I want to throw up!!!

iluvsn85
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 4:34 PM
My dh use to do this... untill one day I coughed so hard I threw up on him.. After that I showed him how two sprays smell and he was good with that.
earthangel1967
by YVONNE on Jan. 2, 2013 at 6:32 PM
1 mom liked this

Just pull him aside in private so he doesnt get embarassed in front of others. Tell him very sweetly and gently and maybe add a compliment and encouragement to it like "Honestly one of my favorite scents is your clean skin fresh from the shower with no cologne at all. "  And if you do use cologne, honestly less is more bc otherwise its too overpowering for me, maybe I'm sensitive to it but I thought you'd want to know. Give him hugs and kisses.

View Full Size ImageYVONNE

grumpyboston
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 6:34 PM
Tell him best to be honest a lil goes along way.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN