Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Am I the only one?????

Posted by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 6:57 PM
  • 14 Replies
I feel like less of a women and a horrible future wife.!. I am a terrible cook and my fiancé does all the cooking. He says he doesn't mind but I feel like he's been working all day and on my days off he should come home to a good meal. I been trying to learn for the past three years since my oldest son was born. He's a great cook and that's makes cooking even discouraging. Whenever I do make dinner he tells me it's good but always insist on making it himself. Lol!!

I also come from a family of great cooks. I'm always asking my mother and my grand mother how to make different dishes and it never taste the same. I don't know what to do. Maybe I'll get better through out the years.!!.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 6:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ryryab
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 7:15 PM

I'm a pretty good cook. Not Julia Child great, but not terrible either. My boyfriend does do a lot of the cooking though, because I usually have evening classes and come home later than he does. He is a better cook than I am. It doesn't change how I feel about myself as a woman. Just because I usually don't cook and probably couldn't produce a five course meal does not mean I'm less of a woman. As far as being a future wife, I have no intention of ever being a wife. 

JustThe10ofUs
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 8:03 PM
3 moms liked this
Keep your meals simple...your cooking will evolve the more you do it. :-) Use a crockpot. Toss in meat, veggies first thing in the morning. Set on low and walk away...no peeking! It will be done and delish by dinner time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JustThe10ofUs
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 8:10 PM
1 mom liked this
Most of us start out as so-so cooks btw. My hubby was polite but it took years for me to learn what he likes...how to cook it. There were a lot of burnt fish sticks and pans of gooey rice along the way. lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CameronsMommy23
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 8:33 PM
Just learn as you go and keep trying!! I taught myself. Crock pot meals are super easy and almost impossible to ruin.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
sunflowergl
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 9:58 PM

This! I agree, Ive been on my own since i was 15, thats how i started out and the more i expiremented the better I got. I dont let my man cook, but i have ocd and feel its my job and it has to be right for my family.

Quoting JustThe10ofUs:

Keep your meals simple...your cooking will evolve the more you do it. :-) Use a crockpot. Toss in meat, veggies first thing in the morning. Set on low and walk away...no peeking! It will be done and delish by dinner time.

frzmamaof4
by Bronze Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 10:01 PM
1 mom liked this
Agreed! I also found lots of easy recipes from allrecipes.com:-)

Quoting CameronsMommy23:

Just learn as you go and keep trying!! I taught myself. Crock pot meals are super easy and almost impossible to ruin.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MonkeyMommyNJ
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 10:03 PM
1 mom liked this
start with soup.. you cant fuck up soup.. and take it from there.. practice makes perfect.. before you know it your making mac and cheese.. then youare off to your own creations.. follow recipies.. and you will learn.. even teh easy ones you get off teh campbells soup cans
cali_angel_girl
by Amy :) on Jan. 2, 2013 at 11:40 PM

I agree. When me and my dh got married I wasn't the greatest cook so most of our meals we're done in the crockpot and as time went on I started trying different recipes and finding out what we like/dislike.  I'm no master chef now lol but I am definantly a better cook then what I was.  

Quoting JustThe10ofUs:

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
JenniferW67
by Bronze Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 11:54 PM
1 mom liked this

I agree with learning how to use the crockpot. Also, what do you like? Start with just one dish, practice and perfect it.

Another thing you might want to try is cooking a big batch of seasoned ground beef (I use ground turkey). Divide it and add taco seasoning to part of it and Italian seasoning to the other. Put it in portioned sized freezer bags and freeze it. That way you'll have it ready for tacos, burritos, casseroles, spaghetti. You can have a meal ready in very little time.

LoraKuhn
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 11:53 AM

Keep working at it, you'll improve.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN