Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

I need some serious advice!

I just recently got married 6 mos ago, and I have been with my DH for about 5 years now. We have had some serious  problems that we have had worked through (thank you Jesus) but it seems lately it's just not working out. I don't know why. Sometimes I can be insecure and I understand that is not healthy. There is a 15 yr difference between us, and I guess the way I would like things to be is too much like " I'm not like that anymore" We don't go out, I'm a stay at home mom, I homeschool my kids and I want some affection, I want him to take me out and tell me he loves me. I'm wondering if maybe I'm looking at this all wrong. I need advice, what should I do and how I do go about addressing my issues with him?

by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 2:15 AM
Replies (31-34):
Lindalou907
by Bronze Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 12:07 AM

Is it possible that he has some kind of depression going on? Is he different in other areas of his life as well? I know it sucks to not feel loved and cherished, I'm sorry. Really, counseling can help, because with a trained professional he'll have to address your issues and also they can possibly spot it if he is depressed.

Quoting StayHomeMom0610:

My husband didn't "pick me" and I didn't "pick him"  all im saying is that things are just not the same. =( 

Quoting Lindalou907:

Here's the thing with much older men, they like to be in charge, they pick younger women for a reason. Then, when the younger woman grows up and starts asking for what she wants and needs, things fall apart. Just something I've noticed.

StayHomeMom0610
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 1:07 AM

Well to be quite he could be feeling depressed, we had to move quite a distance which seperates him and his 13 yr old daughter and I think he might be hurting because she is growing up without him. I guess I never really looked at the fact he might just be feeling sad.

Quoting Lindalou907:

Is it possible that he has some kind of depression going on? Is he different in other areas of his life as well? I know it sucks to not feel loved and cherished, I'm sorry. Really, counseling can help, because with a trained professional he'll have to address your issues and also they can possibly spot it if he is depressed.

Quoting StayHomeMom0610:

My husband didn't "pick me" and I didn't "pick him"  all im saying is that things are just not the same. =( 

Quoting Lindalou907:

Here's the thing with much older men, they like to be in charge, they pick younger women for a reason. Then, when the younger woman grows up and starts asking for what she wants and needs, things fall apart. Just something I've noticed.

KellyNips
by Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 8:14 AM

put your kids in a real school and then try to get a part time job.  show him who's boss.  take control of your life.  the age difference may be a factor -- maybe he needs to be checked out by a doctor for low testosterone levels -- otherwise, he sounds like he is perfectly content having a maid who will also educate his children.  and he doesn't even have to pay you.

furbabymum
by Gold Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 10:22 AM

Ah well do they ever want to? lol I tell mine he's going and he'd best not make it miserable. We are hitting the aquarium this weekend. I know he'd rather do something else, he's not an out of the house kind of guy, but he'll go and he'll be pleasant and I guess that's enough for me. I guess it's what kind of guy you married. I'm an extrovert, my DH is ssooooooo not. He really could be happy never leaving the house. So when we didn't have kids I had other people I went and did things with and now that we have kids he comes along to assist me. I don't get too upset if he doesn't want to do something. I know it's not in his nature. Thus I don't ask too much from him.

So is this just how your guy is or is he recently just rejecting you?

Quoting StayHomeMom0610:

This morning I told him but he had this look on face like he doesnt want to... and then he said next month : /  I know it has maybe nothing to do with the age difference but I'm just feeling kind of left out

Quoting furbabymum:

Well have you told him this? Too many women expect their men to be psychic. They aren't. lol Be blunt. Do the planning. It's what I do and I can tell you I'm never disappointed.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)