Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Beach wedding advice.

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 10:41 AM
  • 12 Replies

Anybody had a beach wedding on here. My sister just got engaged and is getting married in may in florida. Im trying to hunt down ideas for her didnt know if anyone had a special idea to tell her.

by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 10:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Willow.wind
by Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 12:55 PM
1 mom liked this

No train not too formal go barefoot

Willow.wind
by Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 12:56 PM

Get chairs for the old people to sit... 

the.real.me
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 12:57 PM
Destiny line by impressions bridal
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
luvhubandbabys
by Bronze Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 12:59 PM
Yes I did...simple white dress.. with cute dressy white sandals. Dh wore khaki shorts and a dress shirt. I think I used floridaweddings.com

She took care of everything...decorations pictures etc.. I loved it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Willow.wind
by Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 1:00 PM

Do a sand ceremony instead of candle... Be ready for your hair to blow & go flat. I would prob do an up do. The last beach wedding I was at I was thinking feet towels to dust sand off would have been nice... I live in so cal so beach weddings are pretty norm.. Feel free to ask me questions...

saltlifemama
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 1:12 PM
2 moms liked this
I had a beach wedding and all I all I can say is little to no train and make sure you don't need shoes. Less is more on decorations too. Actually with a beach wedding less is more over all is best I think.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Fairegirl33
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 2:11 PM
1 mom liked this

i got married @ the beach June this past year in FL :)

Fairegirl33
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 2:13 PM
1 mom liked this

we did a shell blessing ceremony.. every one was given a shell and we all went down to the water and through them in.

we did all tropical flowers... birds of paradise and things like that.

have a back up plan...

travelgirl8
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 6:05 PM

How fun! I'm sure there are a lot of local places with great seashells, but California Seashell Company is our favorite for this sort of stuff. They have an online store too and can ship to wherever the wedding is I'm sure. It's fun to make centerpieces with seashells and sand or even decorate with starfish garland. Good luck!

Check out www.caseashells.com

dani0007
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 11:41 PM

Thank you ladies you have been very helpful. I am still trying to find a bamboo canopy for her to be married under. And I need tables now for the pavilion since my mom doesnt want to use the free picnic tables. Oh and dad is just now going back to work so he doesnt have moolah to pay for the wedding and its in 3 months. so yeah things need to get cheap like now

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN