Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Have you ever been to Disney Land/World?

Posted by   + Show Post
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 12:46 PM
Replies (81-90):
earthangel1967
by YVONNE on Jan. 5, 2013 at 6:31 PM

Quoting Hottmomma607:

Cali or Florida? We've been to Universal Studios in both places&Island of Adventures in Florida! I suggest getting the all you can eat one adult&if you're bringing your kids one kids meal then you can save money! We went to Cali one the summer before last and had a blast! We spent from opening to closing! So much fun!

Quoting earthangel1967:

No but we're going to Universal Studios for the 1st time in April : ) Can't wait!

We only have one day and we are spending it on Universal Studios in Orlando FL , just me my husband and our adult daughter and her significant other (they live across the country from us down south so its our way to meet them and get to do something speical with them for the day we are there. : ) We'll meet them in FL again the following year but we'll do something else on our day together that time and someting different again the time after that etc.

View Full Size ImageYVONNE

SlightlyPerfect
by Slightly Perfect on Jan. 5, 2013 at 6:51 PM

My brother's fiance said they're implementing something akin to a fast lane for rides, too. Like you "schedule" a time and show up then. Did they have that in August?

Quoting ReadWriteLuv:

You know the last time we went, this past August, we had a much better time at Universal Studios than at Disney. My daughter is getting older and only wants to ride extreme roller coasters, something Disney has a major lack of. Plus, if you stay on site at Universal you get exclusives that make it way worth it. You get into the Wizarding World of Harry Potter an hour before the rest of the public and you get front of the line passes to nearly every ride included with your hotel stay. It makes a HUGE difference. I used to naysay it but I'm a Universal believer now.

Quoting SlightlyPerfect:

My brother is leaving tomorrow. He said he didn't want to go to Universal, and I swear his finance looked like she was about to smack him. They're planning on going there now.

Quoting ReadWriteLuv:

Ridiculously so. You just find a discount and save your pennies. Some things are absolutely worth it, a trip to Walt Disney World and Universal Orlando definitely are.

Quoting aimesnyc:

Never had the desire.  Isn't it super expensive?

slightlyperfect

MrsBright24
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 6:52 PM

yes me and my hubby went. (boyfriend then) it was so friggin crowded. if u dont have a skip pass then it want be fun

IAMmomtotrips
by Bronze Member on Jan. 5, 2013 at 6:57 PM
Been to both! Went on my honeymoon to disneyworld the first time I got married. Took my girls at two to Disneyland and then took the girls when they where four. We are gonna take them either this summer or next summer.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LoraKuhn
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 6:57 PM

When I was a kid, we went to Florida with our family every year and, we went to Disney World twice. Sadly, my kids have never been, it's too expensive.

ReadWriteLuv
by Casey on Jan. 5, 2013 at 7:13 PM

Not in August, at least not fully implemented to the public. It's call X Pass, it allows you to reserve ride times from home. Personally, I think it's crap, but I'm sure some people will love it. I already plan my Disney days around dining reservations I make 6 months ahead of time, I don't want to have to do additional planning around ride times as well. 

Quoting SlightlyPerfect:

My brother's fiance said they're implementing something akin to a fast lane for rides, too. Like you "schedule" a time and show up then. Did they have that in August?

Quoting ReadWriteLuv:

You know the last time we went, this past August, we had a much better time at Universal Studios than at Disney. My daughter is getting older and only wants to ride extreme roller coasters, something Disney has a major lack of. Plus, if you stay on site at Universal you get exclusives that make it way worth it. You get into the Wizarding World of Harry Potter an hour before the rest of the public and you get front of the line passes to nearly every ride included with your hotel stay. It makes a HUGE difference. I used to naysay it but I'm a Universal believer now.

Quoting SlightlyPerfect:

My brother is leaving tomorrow. He said he didn't want to go to Universal, and I swear his finance looked like she was about to smack him. They're planning on going there now.

Quoting ReadWriteLuv:

Ridiculously so. You just find a discount and save your pennies. Some things are absolutely worth it, a trip to Walt Disney World and Universal Orlando definitely are.

Quoting aimesnyc:

Never had the desire.  Isn't it super expensive?

C.H.E.L.S.E.A
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 7:25 PM

I've been to Disney World twice and Disney Land once

supermomz25
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 7:28 PM

I have been to Disneyland, Disney World & Tokyo Disneyland.

lageise
by Bronze Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 12:09 AM

Both.

kaitybird
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 4:24 PM

Yes I have been to both, and we are planning on going to Disneyland again this summer!  :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)