Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

I think he is gonna start understand now....

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 7:10 PM
  • 3 Replies

My husband and I are still newly weds hasn't been a whole year since we have been married and I know they say the first year is usually the hardest. My husband and I had our rough times before we got married mainly a lot of jealous people who simply just didn't want us to be together and tried breaking us up and they nearly succeeded that but we got through it we still got married. The thing is though all of those problems they we had the in the past what I thought went away never did, my husband had a lot of trust issues with me because my ex pretty much convinced him that I can't be trusted, that I am using him and that I will also cheat on him. Since my husband have been together before we got married up until now I have been loyal to him and I have done everything I could do prove it to him but it just seemed like nothing was ever enough. Things starting getting bad not that long after we got married I started noticing how controlling he was how possesive he was I knew right then and there he never did trust me not even the slightest not only that he has a past too his ex never allowed him to have fun he didn't know what it was like to be happy with someone and have fun with them which caused problems too he would complain I never wanted to do anything with him but the thing is when we did go out he always looked miserable so I just didn't see the point on going out together because everytime he looked like he was having a bad time. I couldn't take this anymore I suffer from depression already due to my history of relationships and family and other reasons this just made me feel worse It made me feel like he only wanted to control me and not love me I have tried before talking to him about this but never got through to him he would just laugh think its some kind of joke and thats its all in my head when it wasn't. Today I kinda got drunk this was while he was at work I was upset kept thinking about all these things and whats going on so I had a few drinks he finally came home from work everything was pleasant at first he noticed I was a bit on the drunk side but didn't say anything of it but I really don't know how it all started but I poured myself out to him literally crying tears running down to my face trying to get him to understand I think i was talking for almost an hour then it was silent I asked him a question, I asked him if he trusted me he went quiet I never got an answer he walked away he went downstairs to work on stuff not sure what he was doing at first i didnt bother to follow him i knew he needed to adjust to everything i told him in the last hour...took him a little while to come back up but when he did he did come and sit beside me and he says he doesnt understand 100% but he is sorry for how i feel and he didnt realize how bad it was or how bad it has been before he was even in the picture. Im not expecting him to over the night  understand everything but it felt great to finally get it out and for him to take the time to think and process everything I said for the first time to hear him he somewhat understands...

by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 7:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
ReadWriteLuv
by Casey on Jan. 3, 2013 at 7:56 PM
1 mom liked this

Can someone cliff notes version this for me? It's hurting my eyes.

MagicTemptation
by Christina on Jan. 3, 2013 at 8:10 PM

Newly weds. Did not work out trust issues before marriage. (him not trusting her). Of course that carried on into marriage.  She has depression from bad relationships and family. He thinks it is all in her head. She got drunk and cried to him for an hour. He thinks he gets it now. No questions or advice asked.

Quoting ReadWriteLuv:

Can someone cliff notes version this for me? It's hurting my eyes.

PinkButterfly66
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 8:20 PM

That sounds promising, but if he is still controlling then that would be a red flag that he's probably not going to change.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)