Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

IS MARRIAGE REALLY AS BAD AS PPL SAY

Posted by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 1:36 AM
  • 95 Replies

does your relationship change that much when you get married i saw this this post about marriage and ppl were negative about marriage. i'm engaged but we are in no hurry but I don't understand why ppl are always so negative about it. Is it really that bad

by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 1:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
EinsteinHair243
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 1:42 AM
2 moms liked this

It's not that bad. Marriage is kind of what you make it. I would recommend living with the person for at least a year before you say "I do". I wish I would have done that, but my husband and I only knew each other for 6 months before we got married. If you have a good partner-one that you know loves you and promises to stay by your side no matter what-you'll be just fine. :)

Amybelle
by Bronze Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 1:46 AM
2 moms liked this

DH & I have been together 30 yrs, Married 28 yrs........we have our times but EVERY Second has be amazing & It just keeps getting better & better....Happily-Ever-After is our reality!

BigMamaMN
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 1:47 AM

yes. it really is.

Amybelle
by Bronze Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 1:50 AM
3 moms liked this

it's hard work sometimes, challenging, wonderful, amazing, satisfying, comforting, fulfilling, fantastic, beautiful, the BEST!

Aboverubies84
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 1:50 AM
5 moms liked this

Well, we live in a culture with a "me" mindset. People now get married with pretenses.. "If I get married, I will be happy." Then once they are married... "If my husband serves me, I will be happy." People need to start really evaluating getting married if they cannot uphold their vows.

BTW, Marriage is a beautiful thing.

Mrs.Pedro
by Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 1:56 AM
1 mom liked this
I think its mostly what you make of it and how well prepared you are for married life. Go in with realistic expectations, prepared to work through challenges and willingness on both people's parts to compromise and communicate, and you should be pretty good to go. I agree with pp that living together before getting married is a great idea, because that will give you a good idea of how it will be to be together so much. You will learn what quirks you both have that could cause annoyance later down the line so you can begin working on them ASAP.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
louzannalady
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 1:58 AM
It is great for us. Every couple and circumstance is different. We did not live together before we got married, so everything was still very fresh and new and fun. If a couple lives together before, I have been told by my friends that have, that it really changes nothing for them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shadow_lark
by Silver Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 2:00 AM
3 moms liked this
Its not bad at all. Its hard, and it takes an amazing amount of maturity and effort, but I would not change my choice to get married. I love my Dh more now than I ever have and I love being married.
aimesnyc
by Amy on Jan. 4, 2013 at 7:59 AM
1 mom liked this
Only if you let it change for the worst. Hubby and I promised each other that there were no surprises- that after marriage we would be the same people. And we have.
RheaF
by Silver Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 8:03 AM
3 moms liked this

Mine did go through a bit of a rough patch, but that was our fault. Looking back I can clearly see the mistakes we both made, as can DH(which is probley why we made it through that period). Now, 8 years into it, our relationship is so much better than it EVER was dating. I would not change a thing :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN