Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

IS MARRIAGE REALLY AS BAD AS PPL SAY

Posted by   + Show Post

does your relationship change that much when you get married i saw this this post about marriage and ppl were negative about marriage. i'm engaged but we are in no hurry but I don't understand why ppl are always so negative about it. Is it really that bad

by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 1:36 AM
Replies (41-50):
KeimUNCmomof3
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 4:37 PM

It changes more after you have children  (that is if you got married first)  but my marriage is great, very loving and supportive

OHgirlinCA
by Silver Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 4:39 PM

I love my marriage and being married to my husband.  Sure, your relationship changes in time like anything else, but you can either choose to embrace the changes together or resist it. 

JZB
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 4:39 PM
No, its worse
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Matriarch87
by Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 4:42 PM
2 moms liked this

Well.  I definitely would not call it bad.  Its just uhhh...different.  I didn't think so at first.  But naturally lots of peoples actual lifestyles change once married and along with that comes people changing.  Sure both of us are still the same basic people but outlooks and attitudes and what not change, atleast for us.  When we were dating we lived carelessly in the middle of no where kind of off the grid.  We would make love in our front yard in the middle of the afternoon.  We would spend all kinds of quality time together and pretty much have sex like horny rabits several several times a day.  

Then we got married.  We moved in to town, got different jobs, had a baby...Things were just different.  Less carelessness, less spontaneity, less sex, less quality time.  

Its just waaaay different.  & thats okay.  

Plus the level of comfort skyrockets and that can be bad.  My husband never was shy when we dated, he would fart in front of me and even shit with the door open kind of stuff and that didnt really bother me.  After we got married it was as though he was TRYING to sicken me.  His farts became more potent and would last 30 second like letting the air out of an air mattress.  It is so nasty!  There is something dead in his rectum, I just know it.  He thinks its funny and I want to punch him in the face.  

I digress....  Marriage is AWESOME!  

nicole2884
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 4:43 PM
My relationship is the same our bond is stronger
In all honesty some are blindly in love or get married for the wrong reasons. I have a few friends who had unrealistic expectations an ended up divorced
3lilladies81
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 4:45 PM
Marriage is hard! It's work! I think so many women are convinced it's the fairytail they read as children or watch in romance movies. You will go through hard times everyone does the question is are you up for the challenge? Will you accept the fact that your DF will work your nerves to the core even when the fresh love leaves? I think many women miss the excitement a new relationship brings. Marriage is wonderful just make sure you can accept your DF as is because chances are the things you want him to change won't.
kaitybird
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 4:46 PM

NO it isn't.  People make what they want of it.  They forget that when they get married they have to WORK to keep it going.  Marriage doesn't work all by itself.  You have to give 100% just as your partner does, when you quit giving that then something is not going to work.  

We have had our ups and downs in the past 20 years and we are so looking forward to the next 20.  There isn't anything that he & I can't conquer together and we in our 20 years have been in some very stressful situations and we still love each other as much as day one!  :)

furbabymum
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 4:47 PM

Seems like loads of people pick crap people to hitch themselves too. They also aren't willing to put any effort into the relationship and have expectations that not even Hollywood could acheive. That's my opinion at least. Let's be real, more than 1 person involved in ANYTHING means hard work.

furbabymum
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 4:49 PM

My God I love you!

Quoting Matriarch87:

Well.  I definitely would not call it bad.  Its just uhhh...different.  I didn't think so at first.  But naturally lots of peoples actual lifestyles change once married and along with that comes people changing.  Sure both of us are still the same basic people but outlooks and attitudes and what not change, atleast for us.  When we were dating we lived carelessly in the middle of no where kind of off the grid.  We would make love in our front yard in the middle of the afternoon.  We would spend all kinds of quality time together and pretty much have sex like horny rabits several several times a day.  

Then we got married.  We moved in to town, got different jobs, had a baby...Things were just different.  Less carelessness, less spontaneity, less sex, less quality time.  

Its just waaaay different.  & thats okay.  

Plus the level of comfort skyrockets and that can be bad.  My husband never was shy when we dated, he would fart in front of me and even shit with the door open kind of stuff and that didnt really bother me.  After we got married it was as though he was TRYING to sicken me.  His farts became more potent and would last 30 second like letting the air out of an air mattress.  It is so nasty!  There is something dead in his rectum, I just know it.  He thinks its funny and I want to punch him in the face.  

I digress....  Marriage is AWESOME!  

icn_mom
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 4:49 PM

Marriage is a beautiful thing if both people work at it.. yup it no longer takes love and lust to keep this relationship strong!  its the being married part really that changes things, id say its the time... over time people change, and sometimes they arent the same people you fell in love with!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN