Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

After 31 yrs of marriage talking about divorce!

Posted by   + Show Post
My parents got into a huge argument yesterday because my dad left my mom at the unemployment office because she was taking to long and he was ready to go home so he left. My mom had to call me to come get her 30 min away because she didn't have a ride. She gets home tells him she doesn't appreciate being stranded with no ride and she didn't deserve that.

Things got heated and my dad told my mom that either he was leaving or she had to and if he left he didn't plan on staying around here! My mom told him she didn't want either one to leave she wanted them to stay together and work things out but dad says that's not an option so my mom is staying with me and my dh.

They won't talk to each other and divorce has been thrown around! I don't want my parents to divorce! I don't know what I would do. I wish I could do something to help them. I'm trying to stay strong for my mom because she hasn't stopped crying since yesterday afternoon! I don't know what to say to make her feel better! I know she is so tore up inside! Needed to vent to someone don't want to make my mom feel worse than she already does! I just can't believe after 31 yrs something like this blew up so big :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 3:21 PM
Replies (11-20):
Lindalou907
by Bronze Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 6:58 PM
1 mom liked this

Encourage your mom to go and get some counseling so she has someone other than you to vent to. I sort of know what I'm talking about, I have a troubled marriage and a daughter who's 26. I would advise your mom to have no contact with your dad, let him see if this is really what he wants, he might get pretty lonely.

Quoting Thomasmom07:

My dad is way to stubborn to do any type of counseling. As far as I know there has been no infidelity but I couldn't say for sure. I'm trying to stay out of it but with my mom living with me is tough.

Quoting Lindalou907:

I'm sorry, I hope they can work it out, it sucks for you to be in the middle of this. Like the previous poster said, they may have been very unhappy for years and this is just the last straw. Or is your mom menopausal perhaps? Have they been to counseling? Any infidelity that you're aware of?

MomRocs1102
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 8:08 PM

This

Quoting furbabymum:

I can't believe he left her stranded. I'd be pissed as hell at my dad.

Anyway, best you can do is stay out of it which is hard since your mom is living with you.

pregnancy calendar
Kbkjcisneros
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 11:54 PM
Good parents never drag their children into there messes. Your marrage is built on the two of you not your parents. Some grow together and some grow apart
lillybug222
by Silver Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 11:56 PM
My parents divorce after 23 years of marriage. I don't remember them ever having a good relationship.

I'm sure things have been building up for a very long time. I'm sorry your family is struggling with this right now!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ReadWriteLuv
by Casey on Jan. 5, 2013 at 12:51 AM

Mine too

Quoting FunnyKids:

Mine did too, it's sad. I'm sorry good luck

Quoting poshkat:

My parents divorced after 30 years of unhappily being married. Is this something he's always done or new? Sometimes couples go into marriage and grow apart but don't really notice until the children are out of the house.

ReadWriteLuv
by Casey on Jan. 5, 2013 at 12:53 AM
2 moms liked this

You have to remember that you are a grown up now with your own family. Whether they divorce or not isn't going to have that much of immediate, life-altering impact on you, other than the fact that your Mom is staying with you.

It's not the end of the world. 

nocalmegan
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 11:23 AM
My parents divorced after 24 years of marriage. They are both better people for it. ESP my dad. He used to be abusive and angry and now he's a completely different person.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
oneluckymom23
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 11:30 AM
1 mom liked this
HA!

My parents divorced 2 yrs ago after 33 yrs. my life hasn't been the same. They're both selfish as can be and have made my life hell. My kids suffer cause they don't have a relationship with either of them really. It just sucks.

Quoting ReadWriteLuv:

You have to remember that you are a grown up now with your own family. Whether they divorce or not isn't going to have that much of immediate, life-altering impact on you, other than the fact that your Mom is staying with you.

It's not the end of the world. 

oneluckymom23
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 11:32 AM
I'm sorry :-( my parents divorced after 33 yrs. it sucks. Childish behavior in adults is just ridiculous!

Do your best to stay out it and I wish you and them luck!
katy.helmling
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 11:32 AM

I personally would let things run it's course.  If they divorce, then they do.  My mother asked me when I was 15 if I cared her and my father got a divorce to which I said "I don't care what you do, that's your shit".  They never did get a divorce, but still it's not something that YOU should be worrying about.  It's their marriage.  Things happen that are unfair, you can't control things, but this will pass.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)