Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

After 31 yrs of marriage talking about divorce!

Posted by   + Show Post
My parents got into a huge argument yesterday because my dad left my mom at the unemployment office because she was taking to long and he was ready to go home so he left. My mom had to call me to come get her 30 min away because she didn't have a ride. She gets home tells him she doesn't appreciate being stranded with no ride and she didn't deserve that.

Things got heated and my dad told my mom that either he was leaving or she had to and if he left he didn't plan on staying around here! My mom told him she didn't want either one to leave she wanted them to stay together and work things out but dad says that's not an option so my mom is staying with me and my dh.

They won't talk to each other and divorce has been thrown around! I don't want my parents to divorce! I don't know what I would do. I wish I could do something to help them. I'm trying to stay strong for my mom because she hasn't stopped crying since yesterday afternoon! I don't know what to say to make her feel better! I know she is so tore up inside! Needed to vent to someone don't want to make my mom feel worse than she already does! I just can't believe after 31 yrs something like this blew up so big :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 3:21 PM
Replies (41-50):
Thomasmom07
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 12:35 PM
Yes it was a typo i meant she. She deffinatly had a right to say what she did.

Quoting ChinaDragonDoll:

Yes, you did:

My parents got into a huge argument yesterday because my dad left my mom
at the unemployment office because she was taking to long and he was
ready to go home so he left. My mom had to call me to come get her 30
min away because she didn't have a ride. She gets home tells him she
doesn't appreciate being stranded with no ride and he didn't deserve
that

May it was a typo and you meant to type and she didn't deserve that.

Quoting Thomasmom07:

I never said she didn't have the right to be pissed! I would be pissed too. I was just telling what happened and I can't believe my DAD is being an ass and is overreacting like he is. And that is the 1st time is 31 yrs of marriage my mom has stood up or herself and I'm proud of her for it!

Quoting ChinaDragonDoll:

Your father didn't deserve to be told by your mom that she didn't appreciate being stranded by him?

WTF !!!! You have no right to tell or think your Mom has no reason to be upset about being stranded by your father. He LEFT HER there. No loving husband would do that to his wife.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
vinalex0581
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 12:38 PM

lol!!
that's funny

Quoting mommyof11050307:

I have no advice. I threw a party when my mom walked out. It was 18 years of hell with my parents together. To this day she's still selfish and all about her.

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

vinalex0581
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 12:39 PM

infidelity??

ha! not on your father's part.

if he's anything like my SO, if another women spent 2 minutes with him, they would laugh and walk away.  lol!!

Quoting Thomasmom07:

My dad is way to stubborn to do any type of counseling. As far as I know there has been no infidelity but I couldn't say for sure. I'm trying to stay out of it but with my mom living with me is tough.

Quoting Lindalou907:

I'm sorry, I hope they can work it out, it sucks for you to be in the middle of this. Like the previous poster said, they may have been very unhappy for years and this is just the last straw. Or is your mom menopausal perhaps? Have they been to counseling? Any infidelity that you're aware of?

vinalex0581
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 12:41 PM
1 mom liked this

i totally agree with this!!

Quoting Lindalou907:

Encourage your mom to go and get some counseling so she has someone other than you to vent to. I sort of know what I'm talking about, I have a troubled marriage and a daughter who's 26. I would advise your mom to have no contact with your dad, let him see if this is really what he wants, he might get pretty lonely.

Quoting Thomasmom07:

My dad is way to stubborn to do any type of counseling. As far as I know there has been no infidelity but I couldn't say for sure. I'm trying to stay out of it but with my mom living with me is tough.

Quoting Lindalou907:

I'm sorry, I hope they can work it out, it sucks for you to be in the middle of this. Like the previous poster said, they may have been very unhappy for years and this is just the last straw. Or is your mom menopausal perhaps? Have they been to counseling? Any infidelity that you're aware of?

kjbugsmom1517
by Bronze Member on Jan. 5, 2013 at 12:46 PM
It sounds like this may be something hes wanted for awhile. Id be furious if my husband left me stranded! Furious. Maybe not divorce worthy but definately a we need to evaluate our marriage thing for sure. Cant change it so might as well make the best of it and get ur mom on her own. being there for just her and not ur dad will cause friction on all sides. It sounds like they would try to use u as there game pawn even as an adult this would be unfair to u.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
moneysaver6
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 12:48 PM
This.

My guess is that there have been issues for years that they just managed to keep from the kids.

Quoting OHgirlinCA:

I don't think this is all about the unemployment office incident.  There has to be more to the story that maybe you don't know. 

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
whatplanetweon
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 12:49 PM

THIS!

Quoting pinkysmommy720:

Have you tried talking to your dad? You said they were at the unemployment office, did your mom lose her job? Maybe that is causing extra stress between them.  I know things get stressful between my parents when finances are tough even though they have no kids at home.

Dewinter
by Member on Jan. 5, 2013 at 12:49 PM
1 mom liked this

Please get her a lawyer and have the accounts frozen so your dad (who has already moved on) cannot screw over your mom . She is going to need all the help she can get. Their marriage is gone , he has decided that. Please help your mom thru this, she has been blindsided and should not sign ANYTHING without a lawyers approval.

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Jan. 5, 2013 at 12:55 PM

My husband's grandparents divorced after 36 years of marriage when he was 7. I'm sorry to hear this and I hope they are able to work things out.

rawrmommysaurus
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 1:02 PM

One of my friends parents divorced after 34 years.  The mom didn't want to but the dad was tired of it all.  They have been separated/divorced for going on 3 years, and once the mom accepted the fact, everyone has been way happier.  That's including the adult kids.  The grand kids were really to young to understand really, and they enjoy having 2 houses to visit.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN