Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

for the ones married 15+ yrs......

Posted by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 4:42 PM
  • 22 Replies

Seriously how the hell do you do it?

Would you have left if something huge happened (drugs/affair/etc) in your marriage? Or has it been smooth sailing?

by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 4:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lucky2Beeme
by Silver Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 4:45 PM
2 moms liked this

Our marriage is our number 1 priority. We have had tough times. We work through them together. The good have far outweighed the bad. We have 30 yrs invested.

CrazyLife1996
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 4:45 PM
No it hasn't been smooth sailing but the one thing that we could always say was I love you.

Those 3 words have made it possible for us to work through every obstacle that has been put in our way for over 18yrs.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
furbabymum
by Gold Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 4:46 PM

So what's with the magic # of 15 years?? Just curious. My mom didnt' have an affair until after 25 years of marriage.

feliciasmith
by Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 4:49 PM

Quoting furbabymum:

So what's with the magic # of 15 years?? Just curious. My mom didnt' have an affair until after 25 years of marriage.

oh wow I'm sorry =[ I just thought 15 yrs was a good solid number of putting up with someone.

feliciasmith
by Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 4:49 PM

Quoting feliciasmith:

Quoting furbabymum:

oh wow I'm sorry =[ I just thought 15 yrs was a good solid number of putting up with someone.

We're they able to work through it? (You don't have to answer if it makes you uncomfortable)

kaitybird
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 4:52 PM
1 mom liked this

Because we took our marriage vows seriously and we knew going in it was NEVER going to be easy.  I had been married 2 times before and they were pretty abusive.  He on the other hand had never been married, but in just one really serious relationship.  

If it is always smooth sailing then something is wrong in the relationship.  It has not always been easy, because let me tell you from my point it would have been way easier to walk away than to stay and make it work.  In our relationship there has never been drugs, affairs or antyhing like that.  Yes if you 2 truly love each other you can really work through anything you have to be willing and you have to get to the root of why one did what they did.  

Affairs and drugs can happen at any time in a relationship.  You just have to remember that the grass is NEVER greener on the otherside and the moment you step over you can't go back to what was!

My magic number was 5 once I made it past the 5 year mark I knew I was in it for the long haul!  :)  We have been married for almost 19 years now....

furbabymum
by Gold Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 4:53 PM
1 mom liked this

They're still together at 30+ years. So I guess they worke don it. lol Anyway, so long as there is still breath in someone there will be issues. Just my opinion. Doesn't mean they have to be marriage ending. 

Quoting feliciasmith:

Quoting feliciasmith:

Quoting furbabymum:

We're they able to work through it? (You don't have to answer if it makes you uncomfortable)

feliciasmith
by Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 10:57 PM

BUMP!

Hottmomma607
by Trica on Jan. 4, 2013 at 11:06 PM
I love how you put that your marriage number priority! We agree in our household! Some put their marriage at the bottom and figures even after kids are gone "it'll work itself out"! We look forward to 20yrs. coming up in 4yrs. and many, many more! CONGRATS on 30yrs.!

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

Our marriage is our number 1 priority. We have had tough times. We work through them together. The good have far outweighed the bad. We have 30 yrs invested.

Hottmomma607
by Trica on Jan. 4, 2013 at 11:10 PM
1 mom liked this
DH&I have been married happily 16yrs.! We have learned to work together never against one another! We are a team! A few tough times was not having enough money to do things! We made it work! We take&make time for each othed outside of kids, family! And wd remember why we fell in love! I haven't lost that loving feeling! It may sound corny to some but not us! We are in love!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)