Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Would you go to the ER or wait until Monday? please dont bash me.

Posted by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 5:24 PM
  • 66 Replies
So, I know this is my fault. When I started having lower back pain I should have went the. But I didn't and now the pain is close to unbearable. Im pretty sure, actually almost 100% positive I have a kidney infection as I have had one before that landed me in the ER about 8 years ago. I was planning on making an appt on Monday to be seen but do you think that's a bad idea to wait? I dont have any health insurance but there is a clinic here that just accepts donations. And they are okay. They are in town Tuesday and Wednesday.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 5:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
shaunaleigh418
by Bronze Member on Jan. 5, 2013 at 5:25 PM
1 mom liked this
You would be dumb to wait any longer.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
SuperMom2433
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 5:26 PM
1 mom liked this
I just hate the thought of another bill from the er.


Quoting shaunaleigh418:

You would be dumb to wait any longer.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shaunaleigh418
by Bronze Member on Jan. 5, 2013 at 5:27 PM
1 mom liked this
Surgery due to kidney failure will cost you more!

Quoting SuperMom2433:

I just hate the thought of another bill from the er.




Quoting shaunaleigh418:

You would be dumb to wait any longer.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
EmmaZate
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 5:28 PM
Is there an urgent care facility nearby that is open on the weekends? If not I would go in to the er. I wouldn't wait any longer because the fear now is the infection going septic. I wouldn't call you stupid for not going, but it's probably not the best idea to wait.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
hollydaze1974
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 5:33 PM
1 mom liked this
Well, here's the thing, none of us know how much pain you are in NOW. If you pain level is already at a seven, you won't make it till mon.
If you are at a four now, you may still be miserable by one am tomorrow night.

This is really your decision, you are the only one who knows when the pain becomes too unbearable to wait any longer. I will say, ERs are less busy between seven am and ten am for what it's worth
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
SuperMom2433
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 5:47 PM
No, unfortunately there isn't. I def dont want to be called dumb or stupid...lol. I know what I need to do and I guess Im just trying to convince myself that Im okay to wait. Im really bad about that. Hubby is out of town for a few more hours. I dont have anyone to stay with the kids.


Quoting EmmaZate:

Is there an urgent care facility nearby that is open on the weekends? If not I would go in to the er. I wouldn't wait any longer because the fear now is the infection going septic. I wouldn't call you stupid for not going, but it's probably not the best idea to wait.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SuperMom2433
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 5:50 PM
I have a high pain tolerance. I would say the pain is at a 7/8. Sitting isn't bad at all. Its standing and picking up my 20lb son that kills me. I haven't done much today because of the pain. Once hubby gets home Ill make my way to the hospital though.


Quoting hollydaze1974:

Well, here's the thing, none of us know how much pain you are in NOW. If you pain level is already at a seven, you won't make it till mon.

If you are at a four now, you may still be miserable by one am tomorrow night.



This is really your decision, you are the only one who knows when the pain becomes too unbearable to wait any longer. I will say, ERs are less busy between seven am and ten am for what it's worth

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sweetmissy_05
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 5:57 PM

Yes go in.....

mamalusbear
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 6:03 PM

Can you go to an urgent care center?  Also, if you went to the ER there is a "charity" form that might help alleviate some of the bill.  Can't you get medical?

EmmaZate
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 6:03 PM
When the hubbs gets back I would go, a few hours probably wouldn't do too much, but I wouldn't wait until Monday because that would definitely be too long. Also, weather you go in or wait, try to keep ice on it. Heat of any kind can make the infection worse and cause it to spread. Icing it can delay the infection spreading it. I don't recommend waiting, but if you have to, keep ice on it to keep it from getting worse.

Quoting SuperMom2433:

No, unfortunately there isn't. I def dont want to be called dumb or stupid...lol. I know what I need to do and I guess Im just trying to convince myself that Im okay to wait. Im really bad about that. Hubby is out of town for a few more hours. I dont have anyone to stay with the kids.




Quoting EmmaZate:

Is there an urgent care facility nearby that is open on the weekends? If not I would go in to the er. I wouldn't wait any longer because the fear now is the infection going septic. I wouldn't call you stupid for not going, but it's probably not the best idea to wait.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)