Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would you go to the ER or wait until Monday? please dont bash me.

Posted by   + Show Post
So, I know this is my fault. When I started having lower back pain I should have went the. But I didn't and now the pain is close to unbearable. Im pretty sure, actually almost 100% positive I have a kidney infection as I have had one before that landed me in the ER about 8 years ago. I was planning on making an appt on Monday to be seen but do you think that's a bad idea to wait? I dont have any health insurance but there is a clinic here that just accepts donations. And they are okay. They are in town Tuesday and Wednesday.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 5:24 PM
Replies (21-30):
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 6:33 PM
See, one thing that's strange is I haven't had a fever.

Quoting OHgirlinCA:

I get kidney stones every few years. The last time, I ignored the pain until I was vomiting from the pain. I went to the ER and they did surgery the same day. I had a fever and was becoming septic because my kidney was backing up. If I had waited any longer, I would have been in big trouble.

Don't mess around. If you're in pain go in today!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 6:35 PM
1 mom liked this
Bill or not your heath is more important. Would you rather have an ER bill or a ruptured kidney?

Quoting shaunaleigh418:

You would be dumb to wait any longer.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by Silver Member on Jan. 5, 2013 at 6:36 PM

Quoting sweetmissy_05:

Yes go in.....

by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 6:37 PM

This is a kidney stone I passed a few months ago... Lower back pain... I didn't have insurance and I didn't go. Found this giant gem after it got suck in my crotch and had to dig it out... Tmi I know... But you need to get in!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 6:40 PM

 Don't wait. Go now. I don't know how you can stand it. I tried waiting once...ended up crying on the couch...while my hubby called my sister to take me to the ER.

The only reason he didn't take me is.......because he was taking our son to the doctor for an ear infection...I was supposed to see the doctor after our son....but the pain was so bad.......

The ER doctor said I was lucky that they weren't admitting me........and hubby came as soon as our son was taken care of.

Go.............get relief.

by Gold Member on Jan. 5, 2013 at 6:55 PM

Lots of cranberry juice and water. No tea, coffee, or soda! I used to get them while pregnant. It sucks. Only you can tell how much pain your in. 

by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 6:55 PM
1 mom liked this
Girl! Get your ass the hospital!! You have been complaining about this for some time now.. That's nothing to mess with. Hope you're ok. Keep us posted!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by Bronze Member on Jan. 5, 2013 at 6:57 PM
If its unbearable...go tonight! Hope you feel better Hun :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 7:00 PM
Dialysis is more expensive. I have a good friend who has to go three days a week. Go to the ER!! It's not worth the risk.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 7:05 PM
It sounds like a kidney infection to me. I have had a few as well. I've it until you can make it in, it might help alleviate some of the pain, and even if it doesn't it will slow the growth of the bacteria.

Quoting SuperMom2433:

See, I thought I pulled a muscle so that's why I was doing the heat. But it's not getting better, its way worse and its mainly in my left side of my lower back. The pain is wrapping around my hip to my left groin area. I feel like Im urinating much more than normal too. All things that happened when I had the kidney infection before.

Quoting EmmaZate:

Heat is the worst thing for an infection. Heat can make it worse faster because bacteria (the general cause of infections) grows in warm moist environments, and the more heat, the faster it grows.

While heat is great for muscle ailments, it's terrible for other conditions.

Quoting SuperMom2433:

Oh okay! I've been doing heat, like warm baths, warm washcloths, ECT,. =/. Nothing has helped. Im going to go when he gets back.

Quoting EmmaZate:

When the hubbs gets back I would go, a few hours probably wouldn't do too much, but I wouldn't wait until Monday because that would definitely be too long. Also, weather you go in or wait, try to keep ice on it. Heat of any kind can make the infection worse and cause it to spread. Icing it can delay the infection spreading it. I don't recommend waiting, but if you have to, keep ice on it to keep it from getting worse.

Quoting SuperMom2433:

No, unfortunately there isn't. I def dont want to be called dumb or I know what I need to do and I guess Im just trying to convince myself that Im okay to wait. Im really bad about that. Hubby is out of town for a few more hours. I dont have anyone to stay with the kids.

Quoting EmmaZate:

Is there an urgent care facility nearby that is open on the weekends? If not I would go in to the er. I wouldn't wait any longer because the fear now is the infection going septic. I wouldn't call you stupid for not going, but it's probably not the best idea to wait.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)