Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Would you go to the ER or wait until Monday? please dont bash me.

Posted by   + Show Post
So, I know this is my fault. When I started having lower back pain I should have went the. But I didn't and now the pain is close to unbearable. Im pretty sure, actually almost 100% positive I have a kidney infection as I have had one before that landed me in the ER about 8 years ago. I was planning on making an appt on Monday to be seen but do you think that's a bad idea to wait? I dont have any health insurance but there is a clinic here that just accepts donations. And they are okay. They are in town Tuesday and Wednesday.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 5:24 PM
Replies (41-50):
aimesnyc
by Amy on Jan. 5, 2013 at 8:17 PM
Take some ibuprofen while you wait-it will help with any muscle spasms and some of the pain. I used to have relatively frequent kidney stones, and they always gave me strong pain meds (I.e. percocet or vicoden) and ibuprofen at the same time. Also, drink lots of water
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Krysden
by Platinum Member on Jan. 5, 2013 at 10:46 PM

feel better soon

LuLuThatsWho
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 10:57 PM

For starters, I would NEVER wait out pain that was "unbearable".

And even more important... If you suspect and have good reason to believe that you have a kidney infection, then you need to be treated immediately.  Not treating that could lead to much more severe issues.

1stTimeMom1982
by Bronze Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 10:49 AM
Go to the ER Hun
merryvoice
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 2:36 PM

Yeah, it's a bad idea to wait. If it's kidney related, I'm pretty sure they can explode. I had kidney stones and waited and they scolded me for it! You don't want to risk doing real damange to yourself. 

MomofSCMJJA
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 3:12 PM

So did you go yet?

SuperMom2433
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 3:18 PM
Yes. I went last night. They sent me home with an ice pack and told me its muscle spasms.

Quoting MomofSCMJJA:

So did you go yet?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
baileymarie723
by Silver Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 4:53 PM

Being someone who has kidney disease that they have not been able to determine the cause, but they think it could be from multiple untreated kidney, bladder, and urinary trac infectionsactions I would say go in sooner than later because the longer one goes untreated the easier it is for something worseworse to happen.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Serenity7
by Platinum Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 5:12 PM

All that matters is what do you want to do

meepsm0m2006
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 7:03 PM
I feel ya!! I have interstytial cystitis and chronic UTI and kidney stones, they really suck .. my doc says to soak in a warm bath and that's a urologist .. gl to u!

Quoting Gmgej:

Cranberry juice, and water and lots of it, and the heat wont harm a kidney or bladder infection, It might ease it. I have had the pain intolerable, I am sorry they so suck!!!!!! Is your urine brown or pink? Hold some toilet paper in the stream when you pee. I wouldn't hesitate to go to the er, there is nothing as bad as the pain.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN