Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Would you go to the ER or wait until Monday? please dont bash me.

Posted by   + Show Post
So, I know this is my fault. When I started having lower back pain I should have went the. But I didn't and now the pain is close to unbearable. Im pretty sure, actually almost 100% positive I have a kidney infection as I have had one before that landed me in the ER about 8 years ago. I was planning on making an appt on Monday to be seen but do you think that's a bad idea to wait? I dont have any health insurance but there is a clinic here that just accepts donations. And they are okay. They are in town Tuesday and Wednesday.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 5:24 PM
Replies (61-66):
lageise
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 11:10 PM

That's a hard one.  I can understand the no insurance thing and being worried about the cost.  However, if the pain is that bad, can you wait to Monday?  Plus I know nothing about medical issues, but if you don't take care of it sooner rather than later could it damage your kidneys?  I don't know if that is a risk you should take.  I probably wasn't much help (sorry).  I hope you feel better.

Zawifey
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 11:14 PM

I'd get seen asap. If you feel that you can wait until monday than do but if you can't sleep through the pain then I'd go now.

Idk if it might help, but (correct me if I am wrong) I believe cranberry juice might help. I've also heard apple cider vinegar helps.

JennPearce
by Jenn! on Jan. 6, 2013 at 11:16 PM
:( oh no! I hope you go in & save yourself from anymore agony. Feel better soon!
Nford2012
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 11:16 PM
If I were you I would go because you never know how bad the infection is and it's only going to get worse the longer you wait.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Momof697
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 9:48 AM

I would wait and while waiting I would drink tons of lemon aid, crystal lite (lemon flavor or water with lemon slice iin it or even tea mixed half and half with tea and lemon aid. The reason I would do that is because lemon changes the ph balance in our kidneys and bladders making the infection go away without the antibiotics.

meepsm0m2006
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 7:18 PM
Well gl to u hun! I will pray for u! !

Quoting SuperMom2433:

Ugh, yeah. Its so ridiculous. But Im going to go see a doc about possible ovarian cyst(s) that could be causing these issues.

Quoting meepsm0m2006:

R u serious??? Maybe u need another opinion?

Quoting SuperMom2433:

Yes. I went last night. They sent me home with an ice pack and told me its muscle spasms.

Quoting MomofSCMJJA:

So did you go yet?

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN