Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

do you think happily married people dont understand?

Posted by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 6:15 PM
  • 50 Replies

Do you think that happily married people cant fully understand why other married people cheat?

one of my best friends is cheating and ive been trying to give her the best advice i can being her best friend and from what i see. and she always tells me " you dont understand,because you arent in my place" which i totally agree 100%!! but i dont think that just because im happily married dosent mean i cant give good advice..thoughts?

by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 6:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jellybeanjean
by Bronze Member on Jan. 5, 2013 at 6:30 PM
2 moms liked this

yes and no. what I have a hard time understanding is how a married person can have the time to cheat.....

thecoffeefairy
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 6:33 PM
2 moms liked this
Lying is wrong. I've been unhappy for more years than in a happy relationship. I did not lie or cheat. There is no excuse. If she's that miserable she should leave. If its sex only she should swing. Either is honest.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
earthangel1967
by YVONNE on Jan. 5, 2013 at 6:36 PM
1 mom liked this

maybe its true I dont know I have no understanding or empathy for cheaters, my feeling is if you want to be with someone else have the courtesy and respect to tell the person you are with that you are wishing to be either single so you can date or be with someone else, dont start a relationship when you are already in one that is so painful and so cruel and selfish and disrespectful.

If you break up who you are with then they can date and sleep with or whatever they want to whoever they want bc they are free to do so. But dont start one thing unless another thing is finished and let it be known its finished.

View Full Size ImageYVONNE

SoKamele
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 6:37 PM
3 moms liked this

Cheating is selfish. There is nothing there to understand.

That is just an excuse a cheater is using to justify their actions to someone else........

polkaspots
by Bronze Member on Jan. 5, 2013 at 6:39 PM
I don't understand why married people cheat, but I do understand why they might want to. I don't think I could give good advice unless the person wanted to do the right thing.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wineisfine
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 6:40 PM

My first marriage was a very unhappy one, he cheated the whole time off and on. I never cheated on him, saying you do not understand is an excuse and a justification. It has nothing to do with understanding and everything to do with being selfish and gross!

pittymama
by Silver Member on Jan. 5, 2013 at 6:44 PM

i guess that's one way for her to look at it. maybe there's underlying things going on in her marriage that you don't know about and that's why she said "you wouldn't know because you aren't in my place" kwim? she might not mean just because you are happily married. i can't understand cheating and we have problems and aren't always 100% 

MagicTemptation
by Christina on Jan. 5, 2013 at 6:48 PM
1 mom liked this

Cheating is wrong no matter what the situation. There is nothing to understand.

AlannaMaria
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 6:49 PM
Agree!!!

Quoting SoKamele:

Cheating is selfish. There is nothing there to understand.

That is just an excuse a cheater is using to justify their actions to someone else........

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
armstrong7984
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 6:51 PM
1 mom liked this

happily married people i think give the best advice  :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)