Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

did anyone here ever get married as a teenager???

Posted by   + Show Post

i hear alot about it but i just wanna know how that works..like are u guys happy??  how is that going for you guys?? just in case i ever get married to the father of my maybe baby lol. 

thanksss <333 

by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 12:11 AM
Replies (101-110):
Teascha
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 1:45 AM
1 mom liked this

We got married when I was 17 and he was 20. We will be celebrating our 8 year anniversary in April :) I don't regret it one bit, but I would never ever marry someone because we were pregnant or had a child together. I feel that just screams failure in the end.

CheyJacksMom
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 1:57 AM
I was 22 but my hubby just turned 18 Like we waited the day after his b-day to marry so he wouldn't need his mom permission becausenshe didnt want us to marry.
But... we first went out when I was 19 and he was 15. But we've been together thru thick n thin Hes my best friend and we married because of love But got pregnant 1 month after we were married. And today after 8+ yrs we are still happy and in love.
Bellarose0212
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 2:34 AM

Of course it will. You have to be willing to stick it out sometimes and make changes to spice it up other times.

There is no guarentee, teen marriage or not.

It might work out and it might not based on a lot of factors. Both of your personalities, attitudes about marriage, parenting styles, histories and childhoods (it does matter, those issues come in with you), etc. 

If you are considering marriage, you could always go to some pre-marriage counselling together and see what you think. You could always wait also, even if pregnant, until you are both sure.

Quoting teenmum16:

congratss:)) so as marriage goes on it never gets boring or anything since your with the person you love right?

rachelv817
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 2:43 AM

I got married at 19 and have been happily married for 6 years now :) 

rmfanfgljf
by Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 2:47 AM

My dh asked me to marry him on my 18th birthday, 2 months and 3 days later we were husband and wife. He was almost 21 then, we were not pregnant either. It has been 10 years since we got married and we are still happy. We both agreed when we got married that we knew we did it for the right reasons and although it has be rough at times I don't just like him believe in divorce.

Jessica198027
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 3:01 AM

just under a month of my 19th bday and he was going on 20. yes we happy . we are 32 and 34 now. 3 kids.

mrstheriault
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 3:11 AM
1 mom liked this

we were close to teens! married at 19 and he was 21. not cause of a kid, we had our baby almost 5 years later. (he's 5 mos now :) ) and we're definitely still happily married and looking forward to many many more years

JustThe10ofUs
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 3:12 AM
I was 19, he was 24. We divorced 3.5 yrs later. He was abusive.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kyfiregirl
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 3:12 AM

yes dh and i got married in hs when we were 16 and have been married almost 14 years and together over 15! We have 7 beautiful daughters oldest is 9 youngest is 2 weeks. We have an amazing life together. ill spend the rest of my life with my very best firend. i am more in love with ym dh now than i was then can honestly say our lives get better with time! i am proud of our decision not to listen to everyone else! We made it though high school,college loosing a child havuing more kids and everything else life has thrown at us by sticking together and being supportive!

angeleyes16
by Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 3:13 AM

I was 18 when I got married. We have been married almost 3 years, and we're still going strong. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN