Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

did anyone here ever get married as a teenager???

Posted by   + Show Post

i hear alot about it but i just wanna know how that works..like are u guys happy??  how is that going for you guys?? just in case i ever get married to the father of my maybe baby lol. 

thanksss <333 

by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 12:11 AM
Replies (11-20):
teenmum16
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 12:30 AM

and thats awesome good for you :D

AlekD
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 12:31 AM

I married at 19 three years ago. We are doing fine =] We know one other couple our age who are married.

teenmum16
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 12:31 AM

aww well i hope things get better :) 

teenmum16
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 12:32 AM

cool :)

marinesweetie
by Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 12:35 AM
Dh & i got married when i was 17, he had just turned 20. We were together 4 days shy of 9 months when we got married. I needed both parents permission, we needed 2 forms of id, and our birth cirtificates, & our SSC. We went to the court house got our marraige license, had to wait 3 days then had very discreet ceremony on the beach, my dad, stepmom, & my moms best friends were there (my moms best friend officiated my wedding). And then we went & had lunch. We celebrated 5years in november. We are very happy, we have a very happy & healthy 3 1/2 yr old. We own 3 vehicles & just bought a house 6 months ago. We are very happy & going strong :-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ProudMommy51006
by Bronze Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 12:39 AM
We got together when i was 16 and he was 19, we had our first when we were 17 and 20 and our 2nd at 21 and 24.... we are now 24 and 27 and just got engaged on Christmas Eve. I feel like we are JUST now ready to make that comittment. I have always love him and him me, but that is such a huge step. I do not want to divorce. Now I'm sure :-)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
teenmum16
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 12:41 AM

congrats for both of you :))

.Nobody.
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 12:43 AM
Yes. We were both 17 when we got hitched. We've been married 7 years (together for 9) and still going strong. <3
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shadow_lark
by Silver Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 12:43 AM
1 mom liked this
Nope, not here anyway. Dh and I got married at 19 and 20. We will be celebrating our fourth this year, eight years together. Its been hard, i wont lie, but so worth it. The key to marrying young, IMO, is to be sure to mature and change at the same rate. Accept that the person you marry today will not be the same person you wake up next to ten yearsfrom now. Fundamentally, he will probably be the same, but many other things will change. Because of that though, it never gets boring. There are always new things to learn about your spouse and new areas to explore, together and as individuals.

Quoting teenmum16:

congratss:)) so as marriage goes on it never gets boring or anything since your with the person you love right?

dipsetgrl06
by Bronze Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 12:45 AM
I was 18 and my husband was 26 when we got married. We are still happily married 6.5 years later. We've been together 7.5 years.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)