Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

did anyone here ever get married as a teenager???

Posted by   + Show Post

i hear alot about it but i just wanna know how that works..like are u guys happy??  how is that going for you guys?? just in case i ever get married to the father of my maybe baby lol. 

thanksss <333 

by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 12:11 AM
Replies (21-30):
JOEJULA
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 12:45 AM
I got married at18 and just had our son. 8 years later we have two more children and are very much in love
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
teenmum16
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 12:46 AM
1 mom liked this

thats awesome!! :) if i get married i hope we are happy for a very long time :) and ik we had a kid young now but i def do plan to have more later in the future :) and that seems nice thanks :)

Pink.Frosting
by Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 12:46 AM

I was 19 when I got married but it was not a shotgun wedding.  I was not pregnant and we had no children.  Also, he wasn't a teen but had graduated college, had two degrees, and a decent job.  So it wasn't your typical teen marriage situation.  It worked out well.  We've been married 18 years.  But had he been a teenager as well without the education and occupation in place?  No, we would not have gotten married.

teenmum16
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 12:46 AM

that sounds amazinnngg 

teenmum16
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 12:47 AM

lol ahh i see 

Purple_princess
by Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 12:50 AM
1 mom liked this

I was 19, he was 20 (2 weeks away from 21. At that point we'd been together for over 3.5 years. No, I wasn't pregnant either. We didn't have our first child until I was 24. We have been together for 17 years, and married for over 13 years now.

JOEJULA
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 12:50 AM
1 mom liked this
I got married at18 and just had our son. 8 years later we have two more children and are very much in love
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ryryab
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 12:51 AM

Nope, and I never want to get married period, but certainly not as a teen.

.Nobody.
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 12:54 AM
1 mom liked this
Hey teenmum, you should QUOTE whoever your talking to. It makes things a lot easier.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SpicyMTMama
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 12:58 AM

Got pregnant, got kicked out of my father's house, we moved in together and I was only 17. I was totally dependant on him and then the sweetheart I knew turned into a cheater and a physical/mental abuser and a pathological lier. Stayed with him until I just couldn't take it anymore and that was in 01, we were married back in 96. Years later I am married to his ex best friend from high school, whom tried to get me out of the situation all those years ago, but I was scared and turned him down. Now I live every day happier than the one before it, and I kick myself for not saying yes 17 years ago!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN