Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

did anyone here ever get married as a teenager???

Posted by   + Show Post

i hear alot about it but i just wanna know how that works..like are u guys happy??  how is that going for you guys?? just in case i ever get married to the father of my maybe baby lol. 

thanksss <333 

by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 12:11 AM
Replies (221-230):
MrsBright24
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 10:41 AM

i got married at 18 he was 20.. he wanted to get married b4 the baby was born... we celebrated our 1st aniversary 12/30/2012. were still new to marriage but we have known each other a long time... were happy. i wouldnt change nothing for the world.

mybabiesmom1
by Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 11:01 AM

I got married at 18 to my dh, he was 19. We have had ups and we have had some major downs but we weathered through them all. We have been married for the last 11 years and we have our dd who is 9 and he has a son who is 4. whatever your reason for getting married and please not just because there is a baby involved, make sure there is love between you. If it lasts or not is between the both of you. Congrats on the baby. 

meggabucks11229
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 11:50 AM

I was 19 and he was 20, we had our son almost a year later. We have our ups and downs.

sydjademom24
by Rachel J on Jan. 8, 2013 at 12:49 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes. I got married 5 months after I turned 18. He was 19. There were no kids involved. It was a love at first sight kinda thing. We met and married in 3 months. We just celebrated our 9th wedding anniversary, and have 3 daughters together now. I wouldn't reccomend doing that. There were quite a few bumps a long the way....you don't really fully know someone in 3 months. Not saying that it can't work...cause it worked for us....but the odds were stacked against us....I am well aware of that. Being married so young, and knowing each other for such a short time...our chances of making it were like 10%...probably lower. People make better choices/decisions when they are older and have life experiences. The last 4-5 years of our marriage have been wonderful/happy/peaceful. The first 4 years were crazy/insane/mistake filled/immature...you get the point. You live and learn. It worked for me and him, but we went throught a lot to get where we are today. It normally doesn't work out. I certainly wouldnt rush into it. Wisdom comes with age...so wait a little while, you'll be happy you did.

HKing01
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 3:14 PM

I got married at 18 (while still in high school). No I was not pregnant. He was 19. We've been married for almost 9 years now and have 3 kids. We are truly best friends.

daevans
by Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 3:54 AM
Me and my husband dated since I was 14, and he was 17. We got married the day after I turned 18, and a day before he turned 21. We had Gavin when I was 19, and Vance when I was 21. We've been together 8 years now, and have been married for 4 1/2 years
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Deannalin91
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 4:40 AM
I got pregnant at 18 and married my DH a month after he was 20. Marriage is not easy but we manage. We have two kids and gave been married almost 3 years. Being a family feels right but ive learned alot about him that i dont like . Example hes a kid! But if it feels right to get married then do so.. You'll figure out the rest as you go along
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
geniePentaX
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 7:42 AM

I was 19 on my first marriage... Though I was that immature, childish, etc.. i was lucky because my late husband was 8 years older than me.. he passed away after 16 years of having a happy life together..

Both teenagers in early marriage might have conflict..So before you do it, you must think  a million times..Because marriage is not a play..It will be a full responsibility accompanied with patience and sacrifices...loyalty and honesty..

Mommy101333
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:45 PM

I got married at 19 about 7 months ago and if you ask me its about the same we argue a little bit more but our love grows more and more everyday. We have to take steps together its not just you its you and your husband. But I would say dont get married just because your had/ or having a baby make sure thats what you want

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:15 PM

No, we got engaged at 19 though. We have been together since we were 16 and 17. We are happily married.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)