Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

did anyone here ever get married as a teenager???

Posted by   + Show Post

i hear alot about it but i just wanna know how that works..like are u guys happy??  how is that going for you guys?? just in case i ever get married to the father of my maybe baby lol. 

thanksss <333 

by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 12:11 AM
Replies (231-240):
sissykay78
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:20 PM

Quoting Angeleyez81:

oh forgot lol our dd's are 9 and 11

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
C.Fleury
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 3:10 PM
Married at 18, son at 19. No we weren't pregnant at the time of our marriage. We've been together 13 years (married). It works for us. We have a great relationship. Wouldn't change anything for the world !
DragonMother10
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 3:17 PM
My brother in law and his wife have been together since high school, but they aren't legally married and they had their first child two years ago after 10+ years.
heartslove09
by Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 3:33 PM

I got married at 18 yrs old and my hubby was 21 yrs old! We were not pregnant ,we just felt it was right. We have struggled mostly financially but as a team we have come through even stronger! . We just celebrated our 9 yr wedding anniversary and have a beautiful 3 yr baby girl! Sadly most teenage marriages do not last!

kittyx4
by New Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 3:45 PM

My hubby and I got married when I was 17 and he was 20, we are happy, but things can get a little boring at times just because you get so comfortable that things don't change and everything stays a same happy pace. Maybe thats being content lol. :) We celebrated our 5th wedding anniversary 20 days ago. we have been together for 8 years, married for 5 of them, we have 3 kids together. Being so young we certainly did hit quite a few rough patches, we seperated once for  2 months. We almost seperated a second time but decided we could work it out. Its hard when your young because your still figuring out what you want in yourself and in a partner. But it certainly can be done :)

mismaggie
by Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 4:51 PM
My husband and I got married at 17 and 18..I was pregnant and he was in the Marines. It's 4 kids and 18 years later and we couldn't be happier. I am not saying it's for everyone but it has definitely worked for us ♡
earthangel1967
by YVONNE on Jan. 25, 2013 at 7:43 PM

It was the biggest mistake of my life and I stayed for 16 miserable years out of fear and guilt and all the wrong reasons and even our kids said I shold have left sooner so I'll regret that as long as I live.

Didnt get married again until I was SURE it was the right person right reasons right everything, in my 30s and its been heaven on earth with him ever since. Truly

View Full Size ImageYVONNE

TJandKarasMom
by Bronze Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 8:09 PM
I got married at 18, he was 18 as well and we had been together since we were 15. We got pregnant a few months after we got married, and I left when DS was 16 months old. We were married for just over 2 years, we were together for 5 years. Looking back now (I am 30 and remarried) I was way too young. There were soo many signs of his controlling and abusive behaviors, but I didn't see any of them. I wish I had waited,but at the same time I would have DS if I had. Even DS has wished that I had waited (he's 10.5 now and sees his dad every other weekend, it's hard on him sometimes).

My advice would be to not get married, go ahead and live together and wait for while. If it's meant to be then you'll stay together and things will be good. If not, then that will be ok too.
brookealexis
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 9:44 PM

i am 18 and i got married on july 8th 2012. it was a beautiful wedding and i had been with my hubby 3 to 4 years before we got married :) we are very happy and we wanted to get married even before i got prego but it  just happened at once. but marrage takes work for it to be a happy one. but yes im happy :)

Autiziumom
by Bronze Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 12:50 AM
I married at 19 and still married. Ten yrs thank God!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN