Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

did anyone here ever get married as a teenager???

Posted by   + Show Post

i hear alot about it but i just wanna know how that works..like are u guys happy??  how is that going for you guys?? just in case i ever get married to the father of my maybe baby lol. 

thanksss <333 

by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 12:11 AM
Replies (41-50):
momtomy7kids
by Michelle on Jan. 6, 2013 at 8:55 AM

I was 19, he was 36 and we are still happily married, we've been married for 14 years. Now I'm 33 and he's 50 and we love each other with all our hearts.

Michelle
Mom to 4 boys and 3 girls with #8 on the way
Emily, Jordan, Sara, Jason, Aiden, Chloe, Nick and EDD 7-29-13

addiesmommy1109
by Bronze Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 9:02 AM
I was 17 (turned 18 2 months later) he was 20 (his bday is the 7, our anniversary is the 8). Technically we did get married because of a baby, and the fact that I had zero health insurance at the time. BUT we had already been planning on getting married at some point. We are going on 4 years. Have we had tough times? OF COURSE! But we love each other. Most of our problems are based on one of two things, 1: learning to live with someone else. And 2: being young and immature.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
supercarp
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 9:05 AM

Close, I was 21, and it was too young. I was stupid. We got married on the basis of: we had fun at parties together. That is not a good basis for a strong relationship. We had 3 kids and divorced.

Fields456
by Silver Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 9:06 AM
I got married at 19 ( almost 20) divorced at 22 happily remarried now
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AmyR13
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 9:07 AM

i got married a couple weeks after i turned 20 but i did get engaged at 17

noahsmom310
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 9:11 AM
I got married when I was 19 that was 8 years ago
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
IAMmomtotrips
by Bronze Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 9:17 AM
I married at 18 and he was 19...we however were not expecting. We got married, b/c we wanted too.

We married 15 years, got divorced because he wanted to be a teenager again! He realized how stupid he was, and after a ton of counseling we got back together and just got remarried.
prdmomnarmywife
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 9:17 AM
Dh & I got married at 19 . Feb will be 3 years. Everyone said we'd never make it . But here we are & stronger/ happier then ever . We had a lot if rough times the first couple years ( infertility , my ds bio dad having the judge make things hell for us to be together Ect ) but we pulled through it all . He's my best friend , I'd be lost without him . He treats my first ds as though he is his , & we just had a baby 3 weeks ago after 2 years of trying & being told we couldn't <3 it is possible to be married young & make it . But you have to be married for the right reasons & you have to put in the work if takes . So many people give up & just walk away , it shouldn't be that way if you unconditionally love someone . Marriage is supposed to be til death .

Do NOT get married just because its your child's father . Unless you love him unconditionally and want to spend THE REST. Of your LIFE. With him , & are whiling to put in tgd wirk be faithful & nevef give up / never wslk awsy .. then don't do it . If you love him unconditionally & want marriage for the right reasons then by all means do it :)
prdmomnarmywife
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 9:18 AM
Sorry iPhone has a mind of its own with spelling
Alexsmomma11
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 9:30 AM
Me 18 and dh was 22. Were happy and now have a 15 month old ds.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN