Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

wanting another man??!!

Posted by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 12:23 AM
  • 24 Replies
1 mom liked this
I been in a relationship with my boyfriend for 8 years and we have 2 children together. Sometimes I think about being with another man. I settled down at the age of 16 and now I'm regretting it....BIG time!! I started to like this guy and the feelings were mutual but once he found out I was in a relationship he backed off. I feel bad for liking another guy while being in a relationship. What does this mean? I think of him sometimes. I know it isn't healthy to cheat but has anyone been tempted or came close?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 12:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
boshs1andonly
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 12:27 AM
5 moms liked this

I've been with dh since I was 17, and we've been married for 6 years (together 11) with one dd. I get having those feelings. When you've been with someone for so long, and especially starting at such a young age, its hard not to wonder. But it says a lot about the guy that he backed off once he realized you were taken, there are guys out there that don't care. At this point though, you have to make a choice, do you really want to risk your family for the chance that this guy will be everything you think you missed out on? Because odds are, he isn't. I mean if you're truly unhappy or being mistreated (or both) by all means, leave and find a better situation for yourself and your children. But to me, leaving just because there "may be" something better out there isn't a good enough reason to leave your relationship and separate your children from their father. 

barneysaid
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 12:39 AM
1 mom liked this
I understand what your saying. I do think about the "what would it be like". But knowing that the guy thought I was a single parent made me wonder a lot about my relationship. It just turned me on and knowing he is something I can't have, made me want him more. *-* I know it isn't worth it! My boys mean a lot to me and they deserve to have their parents together. ( I didn't). I feel better knowing I'm not the only one that wonders. Thank you *-*
thinkpinkBrandy
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 3:53 AM
I cheated on my hubby once when he was in jail and I regret it completely. Cheating causes so much damage to a person and isnt worth it. I still to this day cant stand myself for doing it. I would say dont do it. Its not worth breaking your family up over.
Lindalou907
by Bronze Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 6:16 AM
1 mom liked this

I think it's very normal to love more than 1 person if we're being honest. Do you think that if you told your bf what you were feeling anything would change? And I'm wondering why after 8 years and 2 children you aren't married?

TommyAbby
by Melissa on Jan. 6, 2013 at 7:26 AM

Perhaps you are looking for stability? After 8 years, how is it you two haven't married yet? My first thought reading this is that your BF isn't stepping up and you are thinking this guy might.

JOEJULA
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 10:25 AM
1 mom liked this

My husband and I were going through a rough spot a while back and those feelings came up when someone was interested. I just kept remembering that cheating would literally ruin my family. My family meant more to me then the feelings did. Even though its something hard to resist. Temptation is always around. My husband and I are doing wonderful now. We have had our struggles though. Its all about communication. Without it you will grow apart. I think the modo I have learned is to grow together not apart.

AlannaMaria
by Alanna on Jan. 6, 2013 at 12:29 PM
Bump!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Serenity7
by Gold Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 1:26 PM
2 moms liked this

The fact that the guy you like walk away from you. Cause you are already in a relationship. Says that he is a good man. Or maybe someone cheated on him and he knows what it feels like. Walk away from the man you are with now before you go looking for other men

Hottmomma607
by Trica on Jan. 6, 2013 at 1:52 PM
I think if have feelings for someone else that means you are not ready!
ibelieveinpink
by Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 4:11 PM
I've been with my husband since I was 17. I cheated once before we were married. It made me realize what I had by almost losing him and our relationship.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)