Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage
I feel like I put my self in positions where im always stuck. My husband and I have been separated twice of the 3years weve been married.We both made mistakes and i feel like we are juss going downhill everytime we get back together.(each time gets worse)We both been raised in Christian homes...but his outlook on the bible and how we live our life has changed drastically.Its like he doesnt believe n have faith any more.We are also having our 2nd child and he didnt want me to keep it, he says tht it is to much pressure for him to provide for a family. We both work but Its constant complaining of how much pressure he is under.I think tht he has wanted the luxuries of haveN a family without the responsibility. Its so much goin on with us, he is so disrespectful when he gets angry, he jumps in my face like he wants to fight me.,counseling Its not really an option bcuz he feels like he is juss fine. Im a lil tired and fed up. I dont wanna continĂșe wasting my young life with some1 who doesnt want to improve with me or be on the same level with me. What to do????
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 4:32 PM
Replies (41-44):
HuneeBchz
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 3:48 PM
Thank u so much for the encouragement...I will look into that book..thanks again & blessings to u!

Quoting gardensparrow:

Oh, it's so hard to work on a marriage when both spouses aren't on board! And, I'm so sorry you're facing this situation with your husband. As far as advice goes, I know you mentioned that your husband wasn't willing to go to counseling, but have you ever thought of going on your own? At the least, it may help you know what steps to take next. And, if finances are an issue, perhaps you could check with your church or another one in the area and see if they can offer you some counseling? Lastly, I'm not sure if you're a reader or not, but there's a great book called Alone in Marriage: Encouragement for the Times When It's All Up to You by Susie Larson. So, might be worth looking into online or at your library? Well, my prayers are with you friend-don't give up hope!

gardensparrow
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 11:57 AM

You're welcome! Blessings to you too! :)

lilsis65
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 2:27 PM
1 mom liked this

I would never tell you to leave but I,ve been married for 27 yrs hoping that it will change and now wondering why I stayed. I always said Im doing it for the kids but Im realizing it now that I did because of what other peaple would think and because it was hard to say it wasnt working. Pray about it and do what is in your heart. The kids will get threw it just fine.

xoxRachelxox
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 2:43 PM
1 mom liked this
You deserve to be happy. If he's not making you happy and you've talked with him about the issues and nothing has changed, then I would leave.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN