Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Are you affectionate in front of your kids?

Posted by   + Show Post

My dh has random spurts of being overly lovey, while I enjoy it it makes me uncomfortable in front of my dd. Just not he was hugging me from behind and had his hands on my breast and my 2 yr old says "no touch mommys booboos(boobies)" dh thinks it's not a big deal but I hate it! So now I feel like a jerk for being an ice queen towards him

by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 10:32 PM
Replies (11-20):
beeky
by Alexandra on Jan. 7, 2013 at 5:15 AM

Yes we are.   It is beneficial for children to know that their parents have a loving relationship.

Ell564
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 5:41 AM

Quoting beeky:

Yes we are.   It is beneficial for children to know that their parents have a loving relationship.

Us too

ohmandy
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 6:25 AM

dh tries to sneak inappropriateness in lol.  if ds is looking the other way he'll like grab my boob... i think its cause he knows it makes me mad haha.  gotta love that.

as far as kissing and hugging go, yeah, nothing overboard though.  it was so cute... christmas eve i think it was, my inlaws were over and they were playing a game with ds in the dining room.  dh came in the kitchen and i grabbed him for a "we actually got this ish together" kiss and ds says "there they go kissing each other again"  it was the cutest thing ever and i think important that he sees that kind of affection.

StrawberryCool
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 6:31 AM
Yes.

We hold hands kiss cuddle in front of her.

Its important for her to see.

He will hug me from behind.

And smack my butt in front of her. She finds it funny and cute.

He will grab and pinch my nipples but not while shes around.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
VeeJay1030
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 7:18 AM
1 mom liked this

My husband and I show affection in front of the kids. He would hug me from behind when I am washing dishes and etc. We kiss, hug, I sit on his lap we slow dance. I don't feel we take it too far. He don't groop my boobs. Just tell your husband how you feel and what the kds are saying. My kids don't say anything.

mommieofII
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 7:37 AM

Not often although I am not very affectionate... but when we are my daughter will tell us to get a room LOL

Gmgej
by Michele on Jan. 7, 2013 at 7:54 AM
1 mom liked this

Yes we are affectionate in front of our kids and always have been. We are married and teach our kids that affection is a very important part of marriage. Now that they are teens and pre teens it is kind of fun to freak them out when we kiss.

RheaF
by Silver Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 8:03 AM

We kiss(long kisses and little ones) and hug in front of the kids. No groping though. I feel it is very important for our kids to see us being affectionate. You should embarass your kids like that,lol. It teaches them what a relationship should be, and helps give them the comfort of knowing your relationship is good.

AleaKat
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 8:04 AM
Big difference in being affectionate and being gropped in front of your kid.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ibelieveinpink
by Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 8:07 AM
We are affectionate, but we don't grope each other in front of the kids.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN