Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Are you affectionate in front of your kids?

Posted by   + Show Post

My dh has random spurts of being overly lovey, while I enjoy it it makes me uncomfortable in front of my dd. Just not he was hugging me from behind and had his hands on my breast and my 2 yr old says "no touch mommys booboos(boobies)" dh thinks it's not a big deal but I hate it! So now I feel like a jerk for being an ice queen towards him

by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 10:32 PM
Replies (21-30):
Shelbypb
by Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 8:11 AM

I don't see anything wrong with a little loving I think kids need to see their parents and help them to understand true love. Now if he had like tried to finger you or something I would have hit him

Daisypath Wedding tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
MamaDearie
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 8:30 AM

DH is very affectionate and if I feel like it's a bit too much in front of the kids, I'll say something to him. As to the whole cuddling, holding hands, kissing thing- we do that all the time in front of the kids and normally it brings our two youngest running over to jump on us and tell us they want hugs and kisses and want to snuggle with 'the fam'- lol. Last night, our 2 y/o DD saw DH and I cuddling on the couch and she jumped up in between us, threw her arms around us, and said she wanted to 'huggle'. LOL! 

"Of all the rights of women, the greatest is to be a mother." (Lin Yutang)

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

ebbierowe
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 8:32 AM
1 mom liked this
All the time...the 15 year old and the 11 year old says its gross and covers the baby's eyes.....lol. The baby smiles when she sees us hug and kiss
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
kayleesmom42328
by Bronze Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 8:44 AM
Nope. Whenever I try to hug or kiss dh whether our kids are around or not, he tells me that's enough, not now, I have things to do or get off me. We actually had a bit of a fight about this last night & this morning because I told him I'm tired of being pushed away. He will give a quick hug or peck at times but when he has to go out of town for work, is stressing or watching tv he gets rude about it. He can't see how much it hurts me & how much I love him.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
SlightlyPerfect
I GOTTA GO SHOPPING!
Today at 10:01 AM
by Slightly Perfect on Jan. 7, 2013 at 8:48 AM

We're very physical. If he gets a little "too" physical before DD is in bed, I call for DD to "save" me.

slightlyperfect

lapcounter
by Gold Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 8:48 AM

Quoting SuperMom2433:

We kiss (peck) and hug in front of the kids but touching like that is when the kids can't see.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sweetmissy_05
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 8:54 AM

Only a little kiss and hug around the kids or sit on the couch together....no making out or anything like that.

saltlifemama
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 8:59 AM

We kiss, hug  and cuddle in front of the boys.

coala
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 9:10 AM

We show affection and appreciation for each other in front of the kids.  He will try and grope when the kids aren't in the area, but it makes me feel uncomfortable b/c they could walk into the room at any moment.  Showing affection in front of your kids is important for them to understand how relationships are supposed to work.

AnGLInterrupted
by Kendall on Jan. 7, 2013 at 9:23 AM

We are affectionate in front of our daughter.  We think it's healthy for her to understand and see that her mom and dad love each other.  We are friends and husband and wife as well as "mom and dad".  We keep the sexual stuff for behind closed doors though.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN